“cozy and friendly!”

Schooner Bay Motor Inn
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I are currently enjoying our stay here. This is a wonderful place with a great location, a close walk to the Rockport Harbor and a short drive to the Camden or Rockland Harbors. It is very clean and cozy. The owner is very friendly, accommodating and lives on the premises. A continental breakfast of fresh fruit, including strawberries, fresh breads, muffins and cereal is provided along with coffee and juice. Don't miss out on this gem that is also a great value.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank dinkydee
Scott P, Owner at Schooner Bay Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for a great review! We are so happy you are staying with us here at Schooner Bay this summer.

There are newer reviews for Schooner Bay Motor Inn

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Me and my wife stayed there one night, wonderful place, the owner is very nice, the room is clean and smells good, free continental breakfast was included.
recently renovated, close to Camden and the price is fair. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Shisha1438

Thank you for your review and recommendation! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed one night but it was great. We had room #101 which faced the street. It had two windows that you could open and get some fresh air. Even though it faced the street we did not hear much traffic noise. The room reminded us of a small apartment. Nice and clean. Front desk was friendly. They have a small breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Barbara B

Thank you for your review and for the great pictures. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We would highly recommend the Schooner Bay Motor Inn. It's probably the cleanest place we've ever stayed -- as well as smoke-free and pet-free. The thick, thirsty towels were welcome, and the decor was very nice, color-coordinated, and homey. The room was quiet, no noise leaking from other rooms. We were happy to have a separate recycle basket as well as the waste baskets.

All amenities were in good working order: Wi-Fi, cable, heat, hot water, toilets, hair-dryer, outlets, fridge, bathroom/shower fan; and the housekeeper thoroughly cleaned the room and replaced supplies each day. The Wi-Fi worked well, and we were able to read the news, check email, and listen to internet radio without interruption.

We can't comment on the complimentary breakfast. Since we opted for one of the large rooms which came with a mini-fridge, we brought our own cold food and drinks for breakfast and snacks.

We stayed for 8 nights using Rockport as our base for sight-seeing up and down the mid-coast and would be happy to stay at the Schooner Bay again. This is a great motel!

Room Tip: Large 2nd floor end rooms offer the most privacy as the windows overlook the grounds, and don't...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NancyETGD
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I reserved a room for my U. Maine student and his fellow students who were required to attend the Camden Film Festival. Dayle worked with me by phone and with them in person over a payment issue involving an Amex debit card which did not process correctly. She gave them the kind of attention only a mother can do and stayed in touch with me by phone and email until the issue had straightened out. The problem was with Amex and Dayle kindly called me to let me know that, eventually, Amex advised her of a pending credit back to the card as I could not reach Amex debit services. Though I personally did not visit Schooner Bay, my son thoroughly enjoyed the accommodations, breakfast and personal service. Should my travels bring me to the Camden/Rockport/Rockland area, this will be my destination.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank hollingworth51
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I'm a little hesitant to write this because I feel like I need to keep this place a secret, but here goes. We stayed here for 3 nights over Labor Day weekend and couldn't have been more pleased. Yea, yea, it doesn't have all the amenities that other hotels might, but with so much to do and see in the area, you shouldn't be spending that much time here anyway. That said, the rooms were unbelievably clean, they have REAL towels, comfortable beds, and the tap water tastes fine (I drink a lot of water). It is in a perfect location that is a few minutes outside of Camden and about 10 minutes to Rockland. The staff is very friendly and they offer continental breakfast (which we didn't try, but will next time). The best part about all of this is that it is a HUGE bargain. The price for what you get is just amazing. We will be coming back here year after year without a doubt.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MWolfy1983
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We found this hotel on-line and didn't want to stay right in Rockland, so this place was perfect, about half way between Rockland and Camden. The owners were very friendly and the place had a nice mix of travelers from all over. How nice that the room was immaculate and the price was just right. In addition, I had left my cell phone charger in the room and the owner returned it promptly and curteously. We would definitely recommend this hotel/motel and plan to stay there again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple