“awesome!!!”

Claddagh Motel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed June 14, 2012

This a one of a kind motel. Alex is someone you have to meet. He is funny, but still very professional and will go above and beyond for you,
This was one of the cleanest places I have stayed.We will definately be back!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Denise D
There are newer reviews for Claddagh Motel & Suites

Reviewed May 26, 2012

I have stayed at the Claddagh Motel while attending a conference close by for four consecutive years and will return. The conference is less than a mile away and this property is much more affordable at around $59 off season compared to others at $159. The Irish owners, Alex and Siobhan, are extremely friendly, always recognize me when I make my reservation and visit with me upon arrival, and are quick to accomodate any need. The rooms are always clean, the decor quaint, and very comfortable. There are picnic tables in front of the cottages which are great to sit out with a glass of wine and read. The motel is close to all the local restaurants and sights. It's just a short walk to view the beautiful coast. I would highly recommend staying here! Nice to stay at a family owned establishment that truly cares for their guests rather than a chain hotel for a third of the cost.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kate04043
Reviewed May 25, 2012

The Claddagh provides a trip to Irish hospitality and a hop, skip and a jump to a beautiful ocean cove complete with lapping waves, island views and great seaglass hunting. We got a phenomenal room -- actually two rooms. The two-bedroom suite is a bargain at the off-season, no-breakfast rate of just $99. A complete dining area, full-equipped kitchenette, big bathroom and two queen size beds are decorated in cozy comfort. Lots of pillows, extra blankets and comforters. The host was wonderful and accommodating. You definitely don't hear anyone else - it's like it is soundproofed between the rooms. I traveled with twin teenagers and my older daughter and everyone loved it. Lots of cozy seating in different settings around the quiet property and near the pool. Open the windows and the door to breathe in the salty air breezes. Cozy, quiet, clean, comfortable and hospitable. And for this ocean-loving traveler, it's got one of the most wonderful scenic coves in Mid-Coast Maine. Tip: bring something with you to carry back all the shells and seaglass. It's a treasure trove of nature's bounty just steps from your room. Cell phone signals aren't strong here, but the inn's new free long-distance service fills the gap.

Room Tip: If the two-bedroom suite/kitchenette is available, grab it. It's like a private apartment just...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Yoriyee
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My Fiance and I were heading up to Maine to visit some friends this past weekend, and came across Claddagh, after reading some reviews here we decided to give it a shot and we were pleasantly suprised. The room was extremely clean, location was very nice, and Alex we definately the most friendly person I have ever met in my motel travels, Truely was a pleasure, and we will absolutey stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank RobSarro
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We stayed again at the Claddagh for the third (or maybe fourth) time and felt we needed to say (again) how much we love it. It is charming, very homey, and has the most wonderful hosts we have EVER encountered in our 40+ years of traveling. It is substantially less expensive than other places in the immediate area and well worth it. As the owners stated in their response to one review, their website shows exactly what you will get, which is Irish charm at a great value. If it important for you to have a room that looks exactly like every chain motel in the US, that's what you should book (at a much higher price). And, regarding the breakfast, the earlier reviewer's comment that the only items available were "Boxed donuts, unripe bananas, poor coffee" is (trying to be tactful here....) not true, unless the owners lapsed into an unexplained coma. Breakfast always features their fabulous homemade authentic scones, as well as many other continental breakfast items. We foolishly stayed at another nearby property, complete with bland decor and anti-social uninformed desk staff, for one night a few years ago, and RAN back to the Claddagh the next year.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank barbara1973
Reviewed December 12, 2011

My family and I stayed here over Columbus Day weekend. We were quite pleased to discover that our "suite" was actually a 2-bedroom, 1 bath, 1 kitchen apartment, which had ample space for our two children and ourselves. The kitchen was well-stocked, and had we been willing to cook on our mini-vacation, we could have done so easily. The beds were comfortable and faced away from the highway, which was a good thing, as Route 1 can be noisy. The entire apartment was perfectly clean, with zero signs of bedbugs. The decor is not to my taste, because I don't care for lace and frills, but if you like stenciling and painted beams and throw pillows, you will be thrilled. We only interacted with the host during breakfast, and he was quite friendly and willing to give advice about the area. Breakfast was adequate, but with delicious scones - not too heavy, not too buttery or sweet - perfect, really.

There is a small beach that is a part of the property. You have to walk through another rental house's yard (the rental house also belongs to the hotel), and the beach is typical small Maine beach. Your kids can get their feet wet, but we were there at low tide, and so it was too mucky to do much wading.

If you are interested in a place to have as a homebase for exploring Central Maine, I highly recommend this hotel. We thought we would go into Camden, but ended up spending all our time in the Rockland area. We went to the lighthouses, took the ferry to Vinalhaven, toured the Farnsworth, and explored the ridiculously quaint and cute village of Rockland. The pizza place is good, and so is the Mexican one.

Room Tip: Two-bedroom suites were an outstanding value.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank WittmannAbroad
Reviewed November 11, 2011

The Gilmores and the Claddagh itself was such a wonderful experience.
This was a return visit and although I have never written a review before,
I found this necessary for me to do because I wanted others to share these experiences
Apart from the clean, tidy, pleasant accommodations, the Gilmores were always there to be asked questions about the area(and they knew it) as well as always being accommodating to my special needs
It made this vacation a sheer delight

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank RachelHecht
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Schooner Bay Motor Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Rockland
Ledges By the Bay
Ledges By the Bay
#4 of 10 in Rockport

Been to Claddagh Motel & Suites? Share your experiences!