“Beautiful inside and out....”
Review of Island View Inn

Island View Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed June 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Island View Inn last weekend and I can't say enough about our stay. The view of Penobscott Bay from our room was breathtaking. The staff were very friendly and informative. The Inn is spotless. We have NEVER stayed in such a clean hotel, inn etc.....The Inn is just beautiful.

We are already looking forward to going back in the fall.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DakotaBoston

Reviewed June 4, 2011

We arrived late and the key was taped to the office door. The decor of the room had a nautical theme that was amazing, like a ships cabin. Refrigerator in the closet, the property has balconies and ocean views. Housekeeping left little gifts for my daughter, a nice touch. Chairs with umbrellas are set up by the cove. The swimming pool is very clean and heated with water features. I brought my kayak and paddled around the cove each day. The staff could not have been nicer. The condition of this property is A+ I'm a stickler for good beds. They are very good.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JacksBack05101
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Our deluxe ocean view room was beautifully decorated in yellow ,blues and white. The bed faced the ocean, so waking to the sunrise was divine. The water sparkled like diamonds as the schooners sailed by. The room entrance was on the first floor( super convenient), but the balcony was elevated over the sloping property, and the view could not have been more beautiful.
Before dinner, we enjoyed prosecco down by the Bay. Four wonderful days! Convenient to restaurants in area. The local lady who worked at the front desk was very friendly . A resident cat with a colorful history on site, with it's very own story book.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank JMBFortLauderdale
Reviewed November 6, 2010

We have stayed in many motels in the area and have found the Island View Inn a super choice. It is extremely clean, which is number one priority, and the view and price can't be beat. I would recommend this Inn to anyone and everyone. I am sure people have had their issues with the Inn but that can be said about any hotel/Inn. It is located between Camden and Rockland which makes it convenient to both towns. Though you can't walk to either town from the Inn, you are away from the hustle and bustle of town. We have stayed twice and will go back.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JenniferL1970
Reviewed October 17, 2010

This was the cutest inn. The beds were so comfy and we had a balcony with a gorgeous view. The rooms were spotless. Unfortunately, we were only able to stay for one night. My one negative is that the container for the hot water for tea had previously had coffee in it, and you could taste it in your tea, which I hate. Not a big deal, and I would defnitely recommend this inn. We also thought the room rate was reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MAP1080
Reviewed October 7, 2010

If you're looking for a place to stay in or close to Camden, but don't want to pay for an expensive room in Camden...this is the place to stay! We were so happy when we checked into our room and ended up sitting on the patio the rest of the afternoon! The pictures are spot on and the view out or patio is absolutely beautiful. Our only regret about staying here is that we're here just one night.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank cedar_shake79
Reviewed September 29, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. The room was just like the picture. It may have been small but it was just the two of us. The view was lovely, as were the grounds. I couldn't say enough to describe how nicely the rooms and grounds were taken care of with TLC.
My only complaint was the people at the front desk could bra little more welcoming. However, this was only our second trip to the New England area and perhaps that is common. We would definitely return or recommend! The pictures are accurate!!!

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank Wjhib
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn
Inn at Ocean's Edge
Inn at Ocean's Edge
#3 of 5 in Lincolnville
The Country Inn at Camden / Rockport

Been to Island View Inn? Share your experiences!