“Very Good Food, Cheerful Service, Cozy”
Review of The Helm

The Helm
Ranked #6 of 25 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Tampa, Florida
“Very Good Food, Cheerful Service, Cozy”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We ate a late lunch at the Helm a week before it shut down for the winter and were very pleased. I ordered the fish and chips and the salad bar was so invited I had to get a plate. The salad was very fresh with many choices. The fish and chips were also good. The serving size was generous and they added bread at no cost. The service was prompt and friendly.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Michael S

Hollister, CA
“Great salad bar but otherwise average”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We actually ate at the Helm twice on our trip....once for lunch and once for dinner. For lunch we had the clam chowder which was delicious and filling. We had noticed a beautiful salad bar but were not hungry enough to try it. The service was good. When we returned for dinner 2 weeks later with the salad bar in mind. And we were not disappointed! The salad bar is a throw back to something not seen where I live for 20 years! It was kept very clean and had so many fresh and tempting options I was amazed! I should have just stuck with the salad bar and I would have given the restaurant higher reviews. But I chose the steamed mussels and clam dinner. The mussels were good but the clams were not cleaned properly and were so gritty and tough I could not eat them. A big disappointment! The service was good but she never asked why I didn't eat the clams and I think that is part of being a good server. Still I think I would return for the chowder and salad bar for sure!

• Visited October 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
“Delicious Food! and Service!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We ate at The Helm Friday night and liked it so much, we went back Saturday night with friends and enjoyed another delicious meal. Definitely would recommend.

• Visited September 2013
Carver, Massachusetts
“Our 5th Visit”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The restaurant is just up the street from our motel it's closed on Tues. The food is good. It has a salad bar. Good dessert's.

Visited July 2013
Burlington, Vermont
“Great place for lunch”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stopped by with 15 people in our group, they quickly set us up in back room. Fun servers, like a diner. Family fare, large portions, good value for the money. Nothing fancy, but just what we were looking for. Attentive service, good food. No one left hungry.

• Visited June 2013