“A nice, unpretentious family-run restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Helm

The Helm
Ranked #6 of 24 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Montreal, Canada
“A nice, unpretentious family-run restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

My partner and I ate a very good dinner at this restaurant last Saturday night. We immediately felt welcome and the service was friendly and efficient. As for the menu, it had a lot of choice and variety even one hour before closing. We ordered salmon with a pesto coating and the sea food platter. Both were very good and the servings were generous but reasonable. The salad bar was one of the best I have eaten at recently and was still well stocked till a few minutes before closing. As for the desserts which we couldn't resist, they were all made by the mother of our server and delicious. We definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2013

LORAIN
“not impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Although both our soups were good, rest was unremarkable. My $20 bounty of the sea plate had about 2 ounces of haddock, 4 scallops and a dozen tiny shrimps. Hubby's lobster OK but that hard to screw up.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Searsport, Maine
“Good Stuff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I finally stopped at this restaurant at my urging, having driven by and thinking it "touristy". We were wrong and very pleased with the tasty seafood, side dishes and great salad bar. I wanted to try a dessert but was way too full. The staff was very courteous and the service timely. I'm glad to say we will be going back sometime in the near future.

• Visited October 2012
Barrington, Illinois
“nice meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

The owner of the hotel where I stayed recommended The Helm to me and I'm glad he did. I was the only tourist in the place, from what I could tell. As mentioned, great salad bar. I liked the clam chowder. I had salmon which was good if not very exciting. They gave me about 2 pounds of red skin potatoes! Fruit cobbler for dessert. Staff couldn't have been nicer. Not overpriced. Just right!

• Visited September 2012
Stuart, FL
“Very accommodating, good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had 20 family members looking for a place to have dinner at the last minute on a Sunday night in August. The Helm was the only place I called that didn't act like I was asking the impossible. They readily accepted us, and had the tables set up for us when we arrived. The wait staff is amazing, and the food tasty. They have a great salad bar that you can have as one of your sides for no extra charge. The Maine mussels were outstanding. Delicious fried zucchini too. I would definitely go back to this restaurant.

• Visited August 2012