“Very accommodating, good food.”
Review of The Helm

The Helm
Ranked #12 of 26 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had 20 family members looking for a place to have dinner at the last minute on a Sunday night in August. The Helm was the only place I called that didn't act like I was asking the impossible. They readily accepted us, and had the tables set up for us when we arrived. The wait staff is amazing, and the food tasty. They have a great salad bar that you can have as one of your sides for no extra charge. The Maine mussels were outstanding. Delicious fried zucchini too. I would definitely go back to this restaurant.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

They have a very nice salad bar that we enjoyed very much. We ate there several times and enjoyed each meal. The lobster presentation was very nice. All the seafood was excellent. The clam chowder was a little fancier than I usually eat but was very good.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This is where the locals go. A few minutes drive from Camden Maine. Friendly staff. Great reasonably priced food. Good for families. Recommended by a local.

1  Thank lubert
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We arrived at a busy time and apparently there were several large groups in the place. The salad bar looked OK, so we just ordered that, but they did have a full menu of seafood, steaks, and sandwiches. We also had some clam chowder which was thin. Our waitress was new and seemed flustered, but we still managed to get in and out of there in about an hour. The back room where we were seated was apparently having AC problems, so it was pretty warm. They need to figure out how to manage a restaurant at peak times. Not terrible. Just not good.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I have been going to the Helm for years, as I used to vacation with my parents in Rockport and now go there with my own family. I really want to like this restaurant, since they have a really good salad bar. However, on our trip last week I was very disappointed. Got the lobster roll, which really was an insult to the state of Maine - a big chunk of lettuce and a few tablespoons of lobster meat. It was quite sad looking! Went another night and ordered the top sirloin. It came out literally raw in the middle - completely uncooked. I am not one to normally complain or send anything back, but I had to with this.
All that said, we will go back on future vacations, but I will probably just stick with the salad bar. Not sure what has happened with this restaurant, since it used to be one of my favorites.

3  Thank momto3nh