“Above average”
Review of Salt Water Farm Cafe and Market - CLOSED

Salt Water Farm Cafe and Market
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Opened in April of 2013, Salt Water Farm Restaurant & Cafe in Rockport's stately Union Hall provides locals, tourists and sailors alike with fresh, local options for breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus a comfortable bar six days a week, with brunch on Sunday. The experience and creativity of the staff and the vision of owner Annemarie Ahearn translate to inspired farm-to-table versions of traditional dishes, like clams bagna cauda, and seasonal highlights such as wild mushroom gravy with biscuits or a vine-ripe tomato salad. If you live in Rockport, lucky you; if not, here's a reason to visit. (Source: Portland Press Herald - Sept. 20
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Good brunch menu; above average food; decent (not great) service; nice rustic atmosphere/setting in historic building; but music was too loud. Sticky bun/cinnamon roll was delicious.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Went on a local recommendation when we were out exploring Rockport. Both of our meals were wonderful. Check out the poached halibut on borscht (my wife), Best cheeseburger I have ever had (me),

Reviewed July 16, 2014

This was my first visit to Salt Water Farm Cafe. I went for lunch and arrived just as they were changing over their menu from breakfast to lunch. My friend and I had a wonderful experience. The restaurant space is welcoming and the exceptional staff just add to the overall ambiance. But it is the food that is truly the wow factor...the flavors, tastes. seasonings and the presentation exceed expectations. I just kept thinking that it was all so precise, so carefully thought out and the end result was descriptively tasty! Paul, the head chef, runs the kitchen with a thoughtful hands on approach. We chose to be seated at the counter which allowed us a view of the entire kitchen staff working together and got to see how they interacted as the lunch hour got busy and then busier and very, very busy! We also had the opportunity to meet Annemarie Ahearn (owner) whose relaxed affect totally exemplifies the entire restaurant. I look forward to returning.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I loved everything about this restaurant - from the open, inviting counter that rings the kitchen, to the light in the dining room, to the sunny deck overlooking the harbor. Then came the food - great ingredients, fresh greens straight from the farm, and yummy well-balanced cocktails. The owner greeted us as we came in and everyone made us feel right at home.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

On a recent family vacation to Maine ( we were staying in nearby Camden), we happened upon this unexpectedly great restaurant. We ate in lots of different types of cafes and restaurants during our 8 day stay and this was by far the best. And, there wasn't even any lobster on the menu. Fresh clams and mussels and fish, but no lobster. Everything we had was great, but the farm to table salad greens were my favorite part. They seem to have been dressed in just a slight amount of olive oil and some really light vinegar to let the freshness and quality of the greens shine through. I had the open faced chicken salad sandwich and it was really, really good. Chocked full of fresh veggies ( it even had little lavender chive blossoms). The New England brown bread was delicious and the lemon tart we had for dessert was heavenly. Can't recommend this one highly enough. I was a little disappointed in the service, but they probably know that the quality of their food makes up for it.