“Forget About What you think”
Review of Salt Water Farm Cafe and Market - CLOSED

Salt Water Farm Cafe and Market
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Opened in April of 2013, Salt Water Farm Restaurant & Cafe in Rockport's stately Union Hall provides locals, tourists and sailors alike with fresh, local options for breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus a comfortable bar six days a week, with brunch on Sunday. The experience and creativity of the staff and the vision of owner Annemarie Ahearn translate to inspired farm-to-table versions of traditional dishes, like clams bagna cauda, and seasonal highlights such as wild mushroom gravy with biscuits or a vine-ripe tomato salad. If you live in Rockport, lucky you; if not, here's a reason to visit. (Source: Portland Press Herald - Sept. 20
Reviewed June 7, 2013

a restaurant is supposed to be.. imagine being treated to an amazing experience. ok, forget that. Reviews can be deceiving, Rockport is an astonishingly beautiful port on the Penobscot Bay. Sailors come to this restaurant who park their boat below. This is unusually good.

2  Thank bapstar

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stumbled onto this place accidentally while riding bikes around Rockport. We stopped to rest in the little park across the street from Salt Water Farm Cafe, and we needed something quick for a late lunch. I stayed at the park with our baby sleeping in the bike trailer, while my husband went over to see what the lunch menu looked like. Since the menu changes with what they have, it's about 6 or 7 items on a blackboard. He took a picture of it on his phone and brought it back for me to decide. We both decided to get the ham on butter biscuit. They were out of biscuits so they put it on focaccia bread. It was really good, but I wish they had stated that it would have mayonnaise on it, since I'm not a fan of it. Well, at this place, it may have been something with a fancier name than mayonnaise (see menu on the website), but that's what it tasted like. Other than that it was really good.

And I know it's all locally sourced food, but just be ready for the price tag that comes with that. For two ham biscuits--no drinks or accompaniments--it was $15. I admire what they are doing, but I know I couldn't pay that regularly. It was tasty, but I don't know that I would go out of my way to return if I'm in the area again.

2  Thank bama78
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Perched above the harbor, this little spot is a feast for all the senses. The dining area is small and informal, the open kitchen is enormous in comparison, and there is some outdoor seating with terrific views. Countrified touches like silverware in jars and industrial paper napkins keep it homey, while the locally produced food is delicious and artfully presented. The four choices of lunch items were enough to choose from, and the staff were cheerful, efficient and friendly.

2  Thank Crabbus
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Historic Union Hall overlooking picturesque Rockport Harbor is the setting for this new entry in the growing list of food destinations in Maine. An energetic and solicitous wait staff support a team of food professionals to present creative and delicious meals in an impeccably renovated space with a view of one of the prettiest harbors in Maine. We finished our brunch with light, crisp beignets served with a custard dip/smear, and that was after a series of delights that I thought couldn't be topped. The brunch is prix fixe, and not cheap at $28, and I would like more options with lower price tags, but that's because I would like to sample the work of the pastry chef and the baker even on Sundays when I just want to nibble.

2  Thank JoyPartner