“Best stay in the Northeast!!”

Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Rockport
Orlando, Florida
“Best stay in the Northeast!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I truly can't say enough about this place! The hotel is located at the top of a hill and looks down at a lovely heated pool and quiet harbor. It was by far the most picturesque, peaceful view we could have asked for. Our walk down the steep hill was rewarded with adirondak chairs and umbrellas, beautiful shells, and amazing wildflowers. I believe all rooms have a view of the harbor behind the hotel. The gardens were colorful and some of the prettiest I've seen. The room was nicely decorated and clean and although the beds were a little mushy for my taste, I would stay there again in a hearbeat! I've already recommended it to several friends! Oh, and you can't beat the price!

Room Tip: I can't imagine there is a bad view. We were on the first floor and it was still great!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank HappyTraveler2021

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Grand Cayman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We overnighted here and was pleasantly surprised. The view and garden is lovely, the room was comfortable and excellent value. We had a very good breakfast at the Offshore Restaurant which was near by.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mangojammin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Beautiful decor and gardens. Nice views. We prefer staying here, instead of the pricier places in Camden. Would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Tntravlers4
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

I stay at Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn for two nights while attending a nearby conference. It was simply lovely. The room was beautifully decorated, the view stunning and the grounds clearly kept by a master gardner. The pool wasn't open yet, but looked fabulous. I highly recommend it

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Whitman, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

Strawberry hill has to be one of the most immaculate places I've ever stayed! The grounds are beautifully kept with such detail, that you don't know where to look! Each room is decorated in a different nautical theme. The view of Penobscot bay from your balcony is just beautiful ! This place really pays attention to detail both inside and out ! We can't wait to go back !

Room Tip: All rooms have a beautiful view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Oakley111
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

I would highly recommend the Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn. It was outstanding. Very clean with great rooms with views over Penobscot Bay. The rooms looked like they were recently renovated with new linens and vanity area. My sister and I stayed in one of the rooms on the ground level which had a little patio right outside. It was lovely. I would definitely stay here again.
A book was written about Pumpkin the cat who is the most gorgeous kitty. She's not as active as she once was (she had a stroke this winter), but she still purrs quite loudly when you pet her.
One thing I would recommend would be they should add a bureau for unpacking clothes. Not a fan of living out of a suitcase.

Room Tip: All the ground floor units have two double beds. While the upper floors have one queen bed.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank winemuffin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here while traveling for my job. My room felt more like staying in a home than a hotel. I was impressed by the cleanliness of my room. It was very spacious and had a great view. I especially enjoyed the balcony with seating area. It was tastefully decorated in a seaside theme. I wish I had more time to explore the outside seating area, it looked very inviting from my room. The only thing missing was coffee in my room but it was available in the morning at the front desk.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Island View Inn
#4 of 10 in Camden
250 Main Hotel
250 Main Hotel
#2 of 3 in Rockland

Been to Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn? Share your experiences!