This was our first stay at Strawberry Hill and we will definitely stay here again. In the past, we have always stayed at the Samoset but this year we just couldn't bring ourselves to part with that much money. We had driven by Strawberry Hill many times and I always thought the place looked attractive so we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. We were initially put in a room on the lobby level. This place is set on a hillside so you walk into the lobby from the parking lot but on the ocean side that level is actually the second floor. Due to some electrical problems with the room, we were moved to a room on the third floor. Although the room was virtually identical to the first one, we liked it better. The view was better from the balcony, we didn't have anyone above us dragging chairs on their balcony and we were another level up from the pool. I should note - this seemed to be a popular place for kids so the pool area did get a bit noisy in the afternoon. Just kids being kids. The pool area is very nice and the temperature of the water was perfect. The King size room was very comfortable and nicely appointed. The balcony was nicely sized and not shared. We enjoyed it so much we went to the store for provisions and enjoyed dinner on the balcony that night. The place is beautifully landscaped with a rolling lawn down to the shore where there are umbrellas and chairs set up. We were greeted by the "Cat at Strawberry Hill" who has quite a life here at the Inn. This place is reasonably priced, clean and well maintained. My only suggestion for improvement is a coffee pot in the room. We will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and enjoy all our ocean view rooms with direct ocean access. We are located half way between Camden and Rockland on US Route 1 in the town of Rockport. Our hotel/inn sets back from the road so if your looking for quiet relaxation we are your destination point. All rooms are decorated in a nautical theme with balconies and patios to enjoy the views of the ocean. We have two outdoor heated pools and direct ocean access with sitting and umbrellas next to ocean for you to relax and enjoy the schooners and lobster boats in the bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strawberry Hill Seaside Hotel Rockport
- Strawberry Hill Seaside Rockport
- Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn Maine/Rockport