We stayed 2 nights in 2014. It was a nice location, not worth the price we paid, but we were there for a July3 and July4 so the prices were higher than normal, I suppose. Other places where we paid this much on this trip were much nicer. It was rainy and humid and that made the bathroom floor tiles slick -- dangerous to walk on in shoes although it was ok in bare feet.. The room was clean and very quiet. Nice view from room to the bay. It is a VERY steep lawn down to the water -- no easy way to get down there. We could see chairs and the shore but couldn't get down there. Ice machine was broken -- we had to go to the office to get ice. Nice, large, generic, older motel room. Were were in a deluxe waterview room on the first floor. We enjoyed the area -- pretty drives, we ate in Camden and Rockport and found good meals both places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 miles south of Camden and set a top a small ledge overlooking Penobscot Bay, the Ledges is a classic Maine motel with panoramic ocean views. The property is nestled at the foot of a cove on 9 oceanfront acres with 900 feet of shoreline. Our hillside location overlooking the bay offers guests the perfect vantage point to spot tall-masted schooners, sleek yachts cruising the bay, and lobster boats hauling traps right off our shore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Ledges By the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ledges By The Bay Hotel Rockport
- Ledges By The Bay Rockport
- Ledges By The Bay Maine/Rockport