At first glance, it is hard to believe that this roadside motel offers so much. We recently stayed at the Ledges for three nights on the second floor in a deluxe king room. When we opened the door, we were blown away by the breathtaking view. The room was immaculate and spacious. There was a fireplace in the corner and a comfy chair to read in, along with a table and chairs by the window. We appreciated having a Keurig coffeemaker, refrigerator, microwave, and DVD player with movies. We have never been in a room that supplied wine glasses and a corkscrew.The binoculars in the room were an added treat. The grounds were very well kept with chairs provided in different spots to sit and take in the view. Just sitting on our bacony was such a pleasure. Such a peaceful environment, you'd never know that it is next to the highway. We never got to enjoy the pool, but did enjoy the continental breakfast, especially the scones. We will definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 miles south of Camden and set a top a small ledge overlooking Penobscot Bay, the Ledges is a classic Maine motel with panoramic ocean views. The property is nestled at the foot of a cove on 9 oceanfront acres with 900 feet of shoreline. Our hillside location overlooking the bay offers guests the perfect vantage point to spot tall-masted schooners, sleek yachts cruising the bay, and lobster boats hauling traps right off our shore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Ledges By the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ledges By The Bay Hotel Rockport
- Ledges By The Bay Rockport
- Ledges By The Bay Maine/Rockport