“The Ledges is top quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ledges By the Bay

Ledges By the Bay
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Rockport
Scarborough Maine
“The Ledges is top quality”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I just spent the weekend in Rockport Maine, and we stayed at the Ledges. The room was neat, clean and quiet. The coffee was very good, and there was heat in the bathroom!
The beds were the most comfortable I have ever seen in a motel.
Finally, the price was very affordable.

We will be staying there again.

Room Tip: We were in room 15. Beautiful view of Glen Cove. A bald Eagle seemed to like the view also. I app...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Augusta, Maine
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My GF and I decided to stay in the area at the last minute and we were surprised. At first glance Ledges looks like your normal over priced tourist trap, boasting good views at a good price. Normally my GF and I would call a place like this camping as, they are good for a place to just to crash and move on. The staff was polite, and friendly, and the room was very clean! I we had a bay view, with our own patio, and electronic fireplace. While we stayed in the winter and couldn't take advantage of the "in season" things, (heated pool, and breakfast) we still enjoyed the room. The mini fridge was better then the regular fridge in my first apartment. In short this room was perfect, quiet, VERY CLEAN, and beautifully decorated.

I'll stay here over the Samoset any day of the week!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Aroostook County, Maine
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Beautiful picturesque view from slider leading to balcony in this end unit #10. Very very clean too. That is always much appreciated! Large bathroom with large handicap shower with seat and bars and excellent showerhead! . Only a desk chair in room though so when I got into the ROCK HARD bed, there was not a soft chair and ottoman as an alternative to sleep in regretably! Actually sleeping on the carpeted FLOOR would have felt the same.I certainly did NOT get a good nights sleep either of the 2 nights as I knocked my SI joint in Right hip out tossing and turning trying to find a comfortable position. I had to get adjusted by chiropractor on Monday. I strongly advise this establishment to purchase 2 1/2 inch thick memory foam for all their mattresses if they are all exactly like the bed mattress in #10. The room was good size and attractive but certainly NOT decorated by a professional interior designer.
When I was ready to depart,

I went to front office for 2 reasons. #1.. Return Key. #2. Get change for a $10. bill so I could go back to room and leave the housekeeper a gratuity. There was a gratuity envelope on desk as a reminder but no comment card. There was NO bible in the night stand draw either but there was a telephone book.

The front desk receptionist could NOT make change for $10. but the chambermaid was there and kindly offered to make change for me. I was very surprised that the desk clerk did NOT have a small cash bank. They had postcards for sale too! I wondered how many sales were lost because they had no $$$ for making change. I was extremely surprised that the receptionist did NOT ask me how my stay was? Having just attended the Governors Conference on tourism, I could not help but think that this establishment would benefit from the WELCOME ME free training program by the Maine Office of Tourism for FRONT LINE employees! I received an email from the manager about a week later and I asked that he call me or I would call him at his convenience as I wanted to discuss the above concerns with him. To date he has not responded! I stayed over on Jan 30 and 31. Today is Feb. 10, 2013

Room Tip: Room #10 great for handicap person or person with trouble walking distances.. Close to office! Great...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nonna_Gina
Ledges_1, Manager at Ledges By the Bay, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your comments and bringing your concerns to our attention... We consider all comments (positive or negative) important to the success of our business regarding our operations and facility.

I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your recent stay at the Ledges.
With that being said the bed in our handicapped unit #10 is on the harder side. Many of our repeat guests that request this room have expressed an interest in keeping this bed harder. If we had been notified of your discomfort after the first sleepless night we would have done anything to make sure you were comfortable the second night.

Having said that, we realize expectations are important and we are concerned about your disappointment in your stay with us. We try to minimize any problems or issues with our guest rooms or service at all times and if there is a problem we only ask that the guest inform us and we will gladly do what we can to make the situation right. Obviously, problems can arise from time to time and we would have certainly worked to resolve these particular concerns had we known there was an issue.

Again, thank you for your time and feedback... It is much appreciated.
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

For what we got, I would have expected to pay a lot more.
Very clean, very comfortable, and beautifully decorated room (not to mention the pillow top bed), overlooking Penobscott Bay.
Staff were all incredibly helpful and could not have been any nicer.
Can say enough about this place.

• Stayed February 2013
bensalem
Reviewed February 9, 2013

After the first time I stayed here I have not gone to any other place People are great rooms fabulous view wicked All in all wondeful time plan to do again and again. Convenient to everything stay away from the places in rockland very touristy and run down

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank geo f
Ellsworth, Maine
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Very inviting...front desk lady was pleasant and helpful with information. Rooms are large and some of the cleanest I've ever been in. Sliding doors to outside...gorgeous ocean view. Room had frig and microwave. Tv's a little old but work fine. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Wimberley, Texas
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Reasonable prices for a nice room with good views. Room was clean and well-maintained. Staff was helpful. Location was good for the Rockland/Camden area. Bed was comfortable. It was my third stay there and I'll probably be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn
#1 of 10 in Camden
250 Main Hotel
250 Main Hotel
#2 of 3 in Rockland

Been to Ledges By the Bay? Share your experiences!