“treats and more treats”

The Market Basket
Ranked #14 of 25 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Bring an instant look of love and gratitude to the face of your friend, bring the chocolate nemesis cake from the MB. De-lish. I love the hummus, the croutons, the beer selection. yumm.

There are newer reviews for The Market Basket

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stopped in with a friend to grab something quick to take with us. I had turkey soup (yummy) and a 1/2 of a grilled cheese and she had a sandwhich and a bit of cucumber salad...salad was good, we each had a pastry treat...I got a fig bar (eh) and she got a muffin (eh)....This is a local place for me, and I used to frequent it quite often...just did not hold the same appeal for me this time. I will give it another chance...

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stumbled on this little gem and gave it a whirl. We had excellent sandwiches, one hot, one cold and soup. We shared a pastry for dessert that was the best sweet of our entire 10-day trip. We stocked up on some wine and other gourmet goodies. It would be nice if they had more comfortable dining chairs but clearly they do more take-out business than dine-in. I would put this on my itinerary again if I were in the area.

1  Thank ShowMeGirly
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We went here to get a take out dinner while we stayed at the Camden Country Inn. They did not offer any dinners, only deli meat sandwiches which were ok but not great. The Hermit cookie was great we bought there so maybe you should try the baked goods, but skip the sandwiches. The staff were not especially attentive or friendly. I will not most likely visit here again. In Camden there are lots of other places to eat.

2  Thank Travelleranddog
Reviewed September 30, 2012

You can get sandwitches, homemade soup, baked goods all done superbly. You have high standards for food.... this place is top rung.