“Butterscotch Pudding - Out Of This World”
Review of Shepherd's Pie - CLOSED

Shepherd's Pie
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2013

You've read all the other glowing reports about the establishment, and it really is an establishment, because they are firmly entrenched with consistent food quality and delivery, night-in, night-out. We have dined there a dozen or more times, tried the entire menu and have never been disappointed. The real proof, is that we find friends whom we've taken there, ask us months later for the name of that restaurant.
But if you really want to try something "other worldly" then be sure to save room for dessert and split a small cup of butterscotch pudding. Butterscotch probably has a less than desirable image with a lot of folks, because its been so poorly done in many forms. But Shepherd's Pie's version is divine and it usually has some sort of complimentary berry preserves on top that combines nicely. Be sure to split it, and you'll be fighting for that last morsel.
My only wish, was that it was a bit larger so it could accommodate more lucky diners.

1  Thank Circumspect

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was my second time eating at Shepherd's pie. The manager was able to accommodate us even though we didn't have a reservation on a Friday night. The waiter was great with our two young and exhausted children. The organic cheeseburger was fabulous as well as one of their specialty cocktails (can't remember the name). Even the kids' mac and cheese was amazing. Can't say enough about the amazing service. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Excellent food. I wish this restaurant was in my town! My husband said the pork belly sandwich was the best sandwich he's ever had. Everything was fresh, and the service was great.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Got a dessert with berries, marscapone and an almond cookie ... so much better than I thought it would be (and I thought it'd be really good!)

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Just finished a sunset sail and looking for a few after cruise drinks with no preconceptions of the venue. For a Tuesday night, the atmosphere was buzzing, festive and authentically Maine coast.
Had a hankering for an off the drink menu cocktail so decided on a Hendricks infused mojito. Past versions of this request were usually tasty, but not anywhere close to the inspired ambrosia created by our masterful mixologist, Dennis. A perfect way to end the day or begin a fun night....