“Great Evening - Great Staff”
Review of Shepherd's Pie - CLOSED

Shepherd's Pie
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were exploring the Maine coast over Thanksgiving. The staff at the Samorset Resort suggested Shepherd's Pie for dinner Friday evening. The menu was excellent and served as described and adjustments were made for my wife's calorie reducing selections. Service was great. We'll go back if we are in the are, again.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I've been going to the Rockport/Camden for years, and I've eaten my way through much of the midcoast. Shepherd's Pie provides some of the best eats around.

The menu is adventurous without being pretentious. They work with local farms to get fresh, local ingredients. I would strongly recommend the fried clam tacos. It is an ingenious combination you can only find in Maine. Couple it with a White Fox Ale from Skowhegan, and you're all set.

In the summer (when tourism picks up) this place fills up fast. If you don't want to wait to be seated, you should get there early. Ask for the table at the back, and you'll get a gorgeous view of Rockport Harbor.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Went with a group of six on a weeknight in the winter and the place was packed. Our half hour wait for a table was really only about 15 minutes which went even faster with some very interesting drink choices. Food was fantastic, service was fast and friendly, waiter's suggestions were spot on and not just flogging the specials. Very hip location that could use some more space because you are actually pretty close to all of your fellow diners.

Very hip, excellent food, service and atmosphere.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Saw this restaurant on TripAdvisor so we checked it out. Amazing! Food was delicious and nicely prepared. starter-- fried clam tacos (must love cilantro and I absolutely do); entrees-- swordfish and fried chicken; sides -- mac and cheese; cheesy grits; black beans and rice (all superb!). (Yes-- we have lunch for tomorrow) husband had butterscotch pudding for dessert. FYI, swordfish was fish of the day prepared with basil, capers, lemon zest-- I normally don't go for swordfish but so glad I did, it was exceptional.

Server was super nice. We sat near the open kitchen which is fun to watch. Cozy atmosphere. We're in the area for a week so we will go back for more...menu is extensive and well-priced.

It's a little dark so if you have trouble reading, bring your flashlight for the menu.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I stopped into Shepherd's Pie on a weeknight for an early dinner after a drive up the coast to see the Christmas lights. I had heard a lot about this place from friends and write up's in magazines so it had been on my list of "must tries". We were not disappointed. Cool interior with the old building style left intact but made comfortable and inviting for a night out. The food was exceptional and the small plates offered on the mene allow you to try several items. Of course, we had the Shepherd's Pie (which was excellent) but our server also helped us choose a couple small plates that were very tasty and also not what we would typically order. The service was friendly and helpful but also not overbearing so we could relax and talk without being constantly interupted. Overall a fabulous dinner and experience worth more visits!