The name reads RV resort, but there are cabins and tent camping here as well. (website reads "Megunticook Recreation Destination"). We tent camped so I do not know the conditions of the cabins. The campground staff is friendly and accomodating. This is a dog-friendly campground. Although I was intially concerned with the proximity to the road, it turned out to be a nice, quiet campground. Our visit coincided with luau weekend and there were activities such as volleyball, horseshoes, a pool, movie night, and an outdoor concert. We could have spent the whole day there if we wanted to. The best feature of this campground is the water overlook. Take note, it is an overlook. You cannot go down to the water. As in many places along the coast of Maine, there is no beach. It is a nice place to relax in the afternoon and it's worth getting up early to see the sunrise over the water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Megunticook is located in "the jewel of the Maine Coast." While staying at our park, you can explore harbor towns, rocky beaches and remote islands & so many lighthouses. Hike mountain trails, sail or paddle Penobscot Bay, and fish from lake or ocean waters. Megunticook Resort offers: ■Oceanfront Observation Deck ■Playground ■Coffee/Staples Store ■Volleyball Courts and Horseshoe Pits ■Sports Field ■Other gaming equipment available to borrow through the office* ■Wi-Fi Hot Spot ■Bathhouse ■And much more! Wooded camping on Penobscot Bay. Join us at this remarkable location by the Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon so you can book your Megunticook Campground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nascar Rv Resorts Megunticook Hotel Rockport
- Megunticook Campground Maine/Rockport