“A Comedy of Errors and subpar food”

Offshore Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 25 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Osprey Florida
“A Comedy of Errors and subpar food”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

When we arrived at the Offshore Restaurant (a diner), we were the only people in the parking lot, so we parked directly in front of the restaurant in the shade so we could leave our dog in the car. As we walked in the restaurant the waitress announced that we would have to move our car. "The regulars will back right into you," she announced," so you will have to move". She also made the unfortunate couple who arrived right after us move their car away from the diner, although there was no sign of any "regulars" or anyone else during the time it took us to get our order, eat, pay and leave. There was also no sign warning patrons that the usual parking directly in front of the building was not allowed. The door to the back of the restaurant had a padlock on it, and the waitress told us my husband (who had taken our car around to the back as ordered) couldn't use it to re-enter the restaurant, but had to walk all the way around the building.

I ordered my omelet "soft and runny". It took an inordinately long time to get it, since at the time we ordered, we were the only people in the restaurant. When it came, the eggs were exactly like shoe leather--hard and layered. The room temperature toast added to the lack of allure. I think the chef had kept my omelet on the stove during the entire time he'd made my husband's fish cakes, which he said were "okay, but needed salt." I tasted one and it was pasty and flavorless.

I left my uneaten breakfast on the table with the firm resolution never to make THAT mistake again. My understanding is that the Rockport Diner is not far away. Next time we stay in Rockport, we'll try them instead.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Chesterlady

Houlton, Maine
“Tasty food, well-kept secret”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We had a great meal at the Offshore Restaurant. No crowds, food was well priced, and we had great service.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank romantravelingirl
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Just diner food”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I wasn't real impressed with the food here. We have been coming to Camden for a lot of years, and never ate here, and we were just not real impressed.

Visited August 2012
Rochester, New York
“Great place for breakfast...next time I will try lunch or dinner”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Nice locally owned facility...waitress was pleasant and food very good.Reasonably priced too!!!! It was very clean

Visited July 2012
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Friendly- Okay food”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The service was great, very friendly and helpful...but the entree food was about average. The Lustful Lemon pie was delicious however...I would highly recommended for dessert.

Visited July 2012