On our fifth day of a road trip, we arrived at the Samoset very late. It was the most expensive hotel on our trip, so we had high expectations. Unfortunately, this hotel is terrible, absolutely terrible. It was two stars, at best, and, as other reviewers have mentioned, the website is completely dishonest. When we arrived, we could get no assistance with our luggage but our room was at the very end of a very long hallway (it reminded me of a Vegas hotel). The front door to our room was hardly shut (the hinge broken) and the carpet at the entrance was duct-taped down. The room smelled moldy, and we even saw some mold on the exterior of the building. We actually had to purchase a candle from the gift shop to mask the smell. The room was extremely old, dark, and dirty, and everything was covered in a thick layer of dust. Two of the lamps didn't even work. The bathroom was also very dirty and extremely small. We went back to the front desk in an attempt to move, but after waiting for awhile for someone to return, exhaustion set in and we returned to our room. We ended up sharing the room with a couple flies all night, even though we didn't even open the window. All of this, and we paid four star prices!
As for the food, order Dominos pizza from down the street; it's much better than their food and much cheaper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockport, ME resort and golf course located on the coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Preferred Hotels, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, TravelUp, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Samoset Resort On The Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samoset Resort On The Ocean Hotel Rockport
- Samoset Hotel Rockport
- Samoset Resort On The Ocean Maine/Rockport