I just finished a 5 day stay at the Samoset Resort and I have to say it was just gorgeous! We luckily had beautiful weather and I know that helped but, the view from the pool and the breakfast patio was unbelievable. My family rated it a 10 out of 10. We had excellent service in all dining areas - from the buffet breakfast, to dinner in the main restaurant and lunch by the pool. The blueberry pie in the hotel restaurant was my favorite item of the entire week. It was made with almond flour and Maine blueberries. I don't even like blueberries from the grocery at home but, this was so tasty - I wish I had made time for another piece.
The spa is small but, the staff was quite gracious and I had a lovely massage. The recreation areas were all so very nice from the pool to the tennis courts and corn hole on the lawn. The golf course looked beautiful though, I am not a golfer and we did not have the experience. There is a darling lighthouse right on property that you can walk to and have an even more spectacular view.
There are 2 really cute, quaint towns within minutes of the resorts with plenty of waterside restaurants. We hiked in Camden, sailed out of Camden Harbor and rode bicycles in Vinalhaven.
I would recommend the area and the accommodations to everyone. It is not to be missed if you have the opportunity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockport, ME resort and golf course located on the coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Samoset Resort On The Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samoset Resort On The Ocean Hotel Rockport
- Samoset Hotel Rockport
- Samoset Resort On The Ocean Maine/Rockport