Samoset Resort On The Ocean
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Island View Inn(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$119
$101
Glen Cove Inn & Suites(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$88
Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$95
The Country Inn at Camden / Rockport(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$105
Priceline
Claddagh Motel & Suites(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$79
$75
Schooner Bay Motor Inn(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$99
$89
Travelocity
Ledges By the Bay(Rockport)(Great Value!)
$92
$80
$70
The Towne Motel(Camden)(Great Value!)
$94
Travelocity
1,413 results
All reviewsgolf coursela bellahealth clubhot tubthe general managerpebble beachthe wait stafftime sharekids clubtennis courtsindoor poolrockland harborenoteca loungetimeshare unitsgift shopfitness centerlight house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Starting with it's glorious location and stunning lobby, ALL the way down the hall to my room, this place was amazing.

It was a long walk but there were little seating areas along the way to enjoy the view. Thankfully I found a carpark exit near my room and was able to get my things in without going all the way through the lobby again.

The grounds are spectacular, right on the water with a long causeway leading to a lighthouse, which was a popular sunset walk. There's also a golf course and swimming pool, all of which I had a view of from from my room.

My room was spacious and comfortable with a large sofa, coffee table, work desk and balcony.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable.

The bathroom was luxurious with marble walls, separate bathtub and superb shower with soft towels.

There was a fridge, Keurig coffee maker and an iPod dock.

The onsite parking was free as was the wifi.

Breakfast was not included with the room, but was available onsite.

My only regret is that I stayed only one night and wasn't able to partake of even some of what the resort holds.

I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Room 425 was quiet and had great views over the golf course, water and lighthouse.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Connie R, General Manager at Samoset Resort On The Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear ThePackedBag,

Thank you for letting us and other TripAdvisor readers know about your wonderful experience at the Samoset. I agree the breakwater walk out to the lighthouse is a wonderful activity at sunset or any other time of day. I’m also glad to know your room accommodations were comfortable and luxurious, as we want them to be. Such a shame you came all the way from Australia just for one night with us. I hope you get to return for another, longer visit.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

If you want a spectacular view of the ocean then Samoset in Maine is the place to go. The hotel is set right on an award winning golf course overlooking the water. The breeze is never far away. The resort offers two restaurants and room service. The resort is kept immaculately clean. There is a beautiful outdoor pool and hot tub, as well as one indoor as well. There is enough to do so you never have to leave the resort. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. Whether you have young children, teenagers, or are an older couple, you will enjoy all that the Samoset has to offer.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear fordhammom,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of the Samoset. It sounds as if you experienced many of our wonderful amenities during your visit, such as dining in La Bella Vita and Enoteca along with swimming at our beautiful outdoor pool overlooking Penobscot Bay. We hope you plan a return visit soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Samoset Resort is in a beautiful location with a fabulous golf course and a good facility. Though the resort was full during our stay it was very quiet and we seemed wonderfully alone at times. The golf course was beautiful and an enjoyable play. Several of the holes border the ocean and are great. The view from our room was spectacular and we could have spent our stay on the deck overlooking the ocean. My wife loved it. The restaurant and food at the resort was perhaps the weakest link. The live entertainment at the restaurant was tooooo loud and the food we at was mediocre at best. The good news is that that are many other great options in the area. We ate in Rockland, Rockport and Camden and every restaurant was excellent. The lighthouses in the area are good and the different bays and harbors are very Maine. One or two things at the hotel were surprises. When we checked in our hotel toilet did not work and our floors were really dirty, especially in the bath. Hotel staff quickly fixed and cleaned our room until things were satisfactory. We were also surprised to discover that dogs were allowed in this hotel and we saw them on every floor during our stay. This was a downer to a very nice property for us. Yet, through it all, we loved the Samoset and would return.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner room with two double beds overlooking the ocean---fantastic!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My teenage son and I recently enjoyed five days at the Samoset. It was perfection in every way!
The resort offers a perfect balance of elegance, charm, coziness, and solitude. The staff was wonderful. Each interaction was friendly, while maintaining a professional demeanor. The resort is extremely well maintained, and clean. Our beds were a cloud of heaven, each evening with superior linens, and lovely mattresses.
The spa is not to be missed, if enjoying their sanctuary appeals to you. The spa director, Julie was accommodating and very helpful. I so enjoyed an exfoliation treatment with Jessie, who happens to be the loveliest of employees at the Samoset. She's a gem.

We enjoyed room service most mornings, and were delighted with the selections and speed in which our trays arrived. The blueberry pancakes are perfection! I'm going through a bit of withdrawal without them! ; )

I'm already planning two visits in 2015, and cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: I requested a high floor, and was very glad I did so! Unfortunately, far too many young children were permitted to run around screaming loudly, well into the late evening hours.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear AkitaBear,

Thank you so very much for your kind and gracious review of the Samoset. It was our pleasure to offer you and your teenage son such a nice respite. I am glad to read of your planned returned visits in the future. I will be certain to share your comments with Julie, our Spa & Recreation Director, as well as with Jessie. They are both part of why The Spa at The Samoset was chosen by Conde Nast’s Traveler magazine as one of the Top 10 U.S. Resort Spas for 2014.

We look forward to seeing you in 2015 for more blueberry pancakes!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

I had out-of-town friends visiting and we went to La Dolce Vita at the Samoset Resort in Rockport Maine for a Sunday evening dinner. It was perfect, made so by our Waitress; Chloe. She had great recommendations, was five-star professional but also very fun. The food was great, enjoyed looking at a million dollar view, all enhanced by Chloe. It was a great touch to have the bartender Brandon deliver a perfect Negroni. The next morning I returned for the breakfast buffet with family and you guessed it, Chloe was our server. Still cheery, smiling and a great waitress making our meal perfect. Great server at a first-class resort.

• Stayed: July 2014