We stayed at the Samoset for 5 nights in mid August 2012 with our 3 year old son. We stayed in a suite on the 4th floor which was perfect with a little one. Both the bedroom and sitting room were spacious with amenities like a fridge and keurig. The resort itself is lovely with well-kept spaces and grounds. The pool area was crowded but not so much that we could not find seats. The walk-in pool is great for little ones and the bartender at the pool was great. We had no problems with towel service as a few reviewers have mentioned. We also took advantage of the playground, sandbox, indoor pool and arcade room.
The service at the hotel was good, not great. I found the concierge to be rude and un-helpful when we asked about family-friendly activities, and after the first few tries we just stopped asking. Restaurant service was also OK.
My main complaint about the resort was the lack of dining options. There is only one restaurant open for dinner in addition to a lounge with first-come seating. For such a long stay, we found the options too limiting and often ventured into Rockland for dinner. In addition, when the hotel is sold-out, the wait for both restaurants was too long for our toddler (greater than an hour). With that being said, the food was well-prepared and priced reasonably for a resort.
Overall a great stay and we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockport, ME resort and golf course located on the coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Samoset Resort On The Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samoset Resort On The Ocean Hotel Rockport
- Samoset Hotel Rockport
- Samoset Resort On The Ocean Maine/Rockport