I went as the spouse on a business trip. The first night we checked in very late and despite having reserved a king bed, we got a very adequate room with no view and no king. When we went to the front desk and asked to change rooms the next morning, we were met with a very polite sweet young lady who insisted the hotel was full and she could not do anything...when we explained we were part of the group of 300...and only 10 had checked in....leaving potentially 290 rooms to choose from...she insisted that the hotel was full and she could not change...after 10 minutes of frustration we gave up to get a cup of coffee and were initially told that had to sit down and order a full breakfast...sensing our frustration...our whole visit was changed by the food and beverage manager, who in the great tradition of service...proceeded to go to the kitchen and bring us two cups of coffee ...and muffins and for two minutes of his time changed our whole opinion...and cause me to write this positive review...we then had a magnificent round of golf,,,,and decided to try again with the room...This time a different agent made it a breeze to change rooms...We got a room with a beautiful view within 30 seconds...these two staff members turned what could have been a very ordinary business trip into a very pleasurable stay....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockport, ME resort and golf course located on the coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Preferred Hotels, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Agoda, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Samoset Resort On The Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samoset Resort On The Ocean Hotel Rockport
- Samoset Hotel Rockport
- Samoset Resort On The Ocean Maine/Rockport