“Very bad experience and service”

Sweet Sensations Pastry Shop & 3 Dogs Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Rockport
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We live in the area, and decided to try out their burger and pizza night on the weekend after seeing this advertised for months. It took more than 45 minutes to prepare burgers and fries, and not even mentioning how incredibly well done the burgers were, considering they asked and we responded that we wanted them medium. The cafe was empty at the time, so an overloaded kitchen was cerainly not the reason.

In addition, there was no water in the water dispenser and this was filled only after asking several times. And finally, there was no acknowledgement on behalf of the staff. I even left my phone number with the cashier and asked that someone contact me about this - but have not heard of them since.

Bad quality food, incredibly long wait, no water and bad service - I will certainly not be returning anytime soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Clean, not crowded interior space with interesting array of selections. Coffee is fresh and excellent every time. Pastries are wonderful.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stopped for lunch after reading the reviews. We ordered the turkey sandwich (non-tastefull) and a tuna melt (came cold). The lemon coconut cake looked wonderful but there was neither a lemon nor a coconut taste. Basically, it was a big disappointment and we did not go back. It is too bad since they have put great care into the building. There were many other deserts I have no idea of their quality.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is a great place to go for lunch. Located right on Rt. 1 in Rockport, it is convenient. So are the meals. The menu board offers lots of choices and the food is great! Lots of great sweets too!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The cafe was clean, the fireplace nice, the sandwiches very good. The beef stew was not what I call stew but quite tasty. The lasagne was also very good.The lemon coconut cake looked irrestible so I shared a piece with my son. We were both incredibly disappointed. It had very little flavor and was overpoweringly sweet. We will return for the entrees and skip the deserts.