“~Steamers were good~”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We went with friends, the 4 of us sat right away. The decor is cool and surely gives the eye something to look at. I got 2lbs steamers- they were fresh and yummy- My husband got the Buffalo Chicken Strips with fries and a Shipyard Beer (bottles only here no draft) he said it was good- one friend got the Fish sandwich which she said was also good....However, My friend got the burger which she could not eat, she said the hamburger patties were gross and clearly had been frozen. She did not finish and really, really did not like hers. We all did agree the fries were good though.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stopped in based on our hotel recommendations.
On first glance, it looks like an dated diner. We sat down as a family, my wife had to go find the high chair then clean it. (It was not very busy)

We ordered our food, which came out fast. Both of us enjoyed the food. The prices were great!!! I would suggest to others for food and prices.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

best known for their fish chowder and fish cakes but they have an extensive menu - food and service were both good and reasonably priced

Reviewed June 4, 2014

The cafe has a very down to earth appeal which I generally like in small towns. We ordered the seafood chowder, lobster stew, steamed clams, fish cake and homemade bread. The service was about average, nothing special or horrible. The seafood chowder was very salty but had a decent flavor; the lobster stew was very expensive at $17.99 a bowl and the lobster was probably sitting in the stew for an extended period of time because it was VERY: chewy; the steamed clams were the best value and tasted fine; the fish cake was delicious and the homemade bread was tasty as well. All in all the value was decent and the food & service was average.

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

This place was about what I expected. I had the lobster dinner with french fries. Lobster was easy to peel and was fresh. Staff was friendly. Overall I thought the atmosphere was average. Restaurant was a bit dirty but not to the point of being disgusting.