“Down East magazine Oct. 2004 had it right”
Review of Berry Manor Inn

Berry Manor Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Rockland B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Down East magazine Oct. 2004 had it right”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

All of our expectations for a perfect night in coastal Maine were exceeded by the amenities and staff at the awesome Berry Manor Inn. It was an architectural wonder of a structure, beautifully appointed, gracious and comfortable to experience, and a most happy and playful spot to spend precious vacation time. The owners keep it all light and friendly, don't take themselves too seriously but uncannyingly pay attention to even the smallest of details. I was so impressed that I wrote off to purchase a back issue of Down East magazine (10/04) in order to have my own copy of the smart writeup of the Inn. (It was in good company along with an adjoining article on the Maine arrival that year of the Queen Mary 2 which my wife and I honeymooned on in 2005.)
Good food, upbeat conversation, gracious attention to detail - a perfect 66th birthday overnight.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alan401

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2013

All the staff here are so friendly - Lori and Angie are genuinely interested in your day and the owners Mike and Cheryl have succeeded in making this a very comfortable Inn. The Inn has lots of reception rooms to explore with plenty of books, magazines, games,DVDs and jigsaws to keep you interested in your down time. Our bedroom had the most gorgeous bed with sumptuous bed linen, a welcome gas fire for chilly nights and a delightful bathroom with superior toiletries. Breakfast is different every day and beautifully presented and Mike lightens the atmosphere with a different hat every day - good talking point with other guests! However the highlight of our day were Cheryl's pies - Blueberry, Cherry and Raspberry! We really looked forward to those every day - both of us favoured the Blueberry.
Hopefully we will be back and we have recommended the Inn to friends who intend to visit Maine.

• Stayed October 2013
Rockland, Maine
Reviewed November 2, 2013

There are many reasons I would recommend the Berry Manor Inn (luxurious beds, amazing tub and shower, delicious breakfast and - of course - the pies and Gifford's ice cream), but the biggest may be the care they take. When I arrived, I mentioned that I didn't care for the breakfast they were offering. They offered me an alternative that suited me fine. The next morning, my breakfast was delivered along with a raspberry muffin. My was delighted but wondered how they know I love raspberry. Then it hit me - I had expressed a lot of interest in the raspberry pie. Now that level of attention is amazing. Made me feel completely pampered on my mini-retreat!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
New Harbor, Maine
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We found The Berry Manor Inn to be absolutely wonderful! The attention to details by the staff added to the already beautiful physical environment. We will definitely will return. 5 STARS!

Jim & Sally New Harbor, Maine

Room Tip: Extremely comfortable bed, gas fireplace, Jacuzzi and wow what a shower Room 12 a must if availabl...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Maine
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a great B&B, a lovingly restored Victorian home and carriage house, very clean, wonderfully comfortable bed (ours was a queen Murphy bed in the carriage house, room #10), abundant towels, delicious homemade pies any time day or night. The owners and staff are exceptional in their friendliness and willingness to do anything they can to make their guests' stays special and memorable. We felt pampered by all their thoughtful touches and their attention to detail.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is the Best B&B I have been to yet. The Berry Manor Inn is just beautiful, my room (#2) was great and the bed was extremely comfortable. The staff is very friendly, making sure they provide plenty of recommendations on activities and restaurants to ensure your stay is memorable. The breakfast is wonderful, you really get pampered here. Planning to stay again soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I stayed here for a night in October and while I'm fairly easy to please, the Berry Manor Inn certainly wowed me with their friendliness! They were so kind and wonderful there and my stay was perfect from the word go!

When you arrive you are given a tour of the home and then taken to your room. I was in room #4 which was absolutely adorable. They also gave excellent advice on dinner recommendations (will also make reservations if need be!). Although I didn't end up getting a chance to try it, the pies they have sitting out to enjoy looked amazingly enticing. I'm sad I didn't get a chance to have a bite now!

Breakfast was wonderful and quite amazing. I'm still telling people about the amazing applesauce two weeks later. I'm just sad I only had one night to stay! The singing animals were a HOOT!

I can't recommend this place enough and if you ever get a chance to stay here, you MUST!

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockland
Rockland Harbor Hotel
LimeRock Inn
LimeRock Inn
#2 of 8 in Rockland
Samoset Resort On The Ocean

Been to Berry Manor Inn? Share your experiences!