“Back again!”
Review of Berry Manor Inn

Berry Manor Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Rockland B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is our third stay at the Berry Manor Inn. Staying at this inn is a wonderful travel experience. The rooms are so beautiful and the inn is spotless. The staff treats you like family without being intrusive. Every morning you are served a breakfast made from "scratch." Absolutely delicious! We're already looking forward to our stay at Berry Manor Inn next year.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Our stay wasn't very recent, but now I'm writing reviews and had to post this. My girlfriend Jen and I work hard and save up for locaions that used to be out of our price range, so the experience is key. We stayed in 3 B&Bs on our Maine adventure. If we could do it all again, we'd do it all here. We arrived at a giant, beautiful purple gem of a Victorian home, where we were greeted by owner Cheryl. Enigmatic, friendly and informative, she gave us the history, local info and some excellent dinner suggestions (which ended in her making us a reservation). Such a sweet lady. Welcomed and informed, we were shown to our room. The Carriage House - Room 10. So comfy and elegant! Romantic lighting. Perfect. Just wish we reserved a room with a tub to soak in because I was a little achy from the long drive. That was, until I tried the shower after dinner. How do I put this? A contained typhoon. I'm 6'4" so showering usually involves ducking and contortion. This was a hot water massage from every angle. Then I threw on the giant robe that I'm sure was made of teddy bears. The bed was so comfy with enough pillows to make a fort. We ate the chocolates (which seemed to re-generate on the bed even if you just left the room to get something from the car) and went to sleep. In the morning at the breakfast table, we met a funny man with a ridiculous chicken-hat and a unique collection - musical hamsters. This would be Mike - the other owner and Cheryl's husband. This man's sense of humor was a nice change of pace. The interactions of everyone in the kitchen with each other and the guests gave us very welcomed feeling. It felt like family. Every breakfast couldn't be any better and I was introduced to a fast favorite - Blueberry Soup! Oh and if you didn't already know, they have these pies. Awesome, random pies. Pies everywhere. The pie moms are a hoot - make SURE you get some face time with them. I'd rave on, but there are videos. Seriously just Youtube "Berry Manor Pie Moms" - I suggest the Dirty Jobs video! This place is elegant, warm, beautiful and fun - and the people really made the difference. When it had to end, it ended with a hug from Cheryl and a promise to ourselves that when we get married, we will be back! In closing, a few things to ask about/seek out - Primo, Owls Head, Conte's, Breakwater, Farnsworth and CAPTAIN JACK. And pies.

Room Tip: 4 rooms with a custom body jet shower. Get one. It's a human car-wash.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Three couples stayed here for two nights while waiting to cruise on the historic Victory Chimes Sschooner. Great Inn with fantastic help. All needs were fulfilled beyond expectation, accommodations, food, and friendlieness. Proprieters, Mike and Cheryl are great and will do anything to make your stay a great experience. Had a great breakfast both mornings , and even stored some extra baggage while on our cruise.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

What an amazing B&B. Not only are the grounds and the building beautiful, but the service is amazing. The room was so comfortable (#7). Everything was super clean and comfortable. Breakfast was amazing! From my brief chat with the evening innkeeper about liking tea over coffee, the next morning I was greeted by name for breakfast and brought tea, since that was my preference. I literally was so full from breakfast that I didn't need lunch. I was there so quick that I didn't get a chance to meet Mike, but Cheryl was super nice and very helpful with suggestions. I HIGHLY recommend anyone visit and am looking so forward to going again, but for longer next time!

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 7, but there are some even larger ones that looked AMAZING!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I read all the reviews for the Berry Manor Inn before our September 3, 2012 visit. I only wish I had booked a few more nights. The Rockland and Camden area of the Maine coast are just beautiful and Berry Manor inn is a charming and delightful inn. Everything is decorated to the period and you feel like you stepped back in time. From the minute you walk in the door you feel welcome and at home. The 24-hr. open kitchen with fresh pie and ice cream, the wonderful
breakfast, chocolate on you pillow and the rubber duckie in your claw footed tub all make you feel like your visiting friends. I highly reccomend this lovely bed and breakfast.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor. Cozy room with fireplace
1  Thank Rhonda K
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We arrived tired after spending the day driving. Nothing was too much trouble. From the minute we walked in we were made to feel so welcome - would we like blueberry or raspberry pie, coffee? Reservations for dinner were made and our every need anticipated. Breakfast was unbelievably good. I recommend it most highly.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

There aren't enough superlatives to described the Berry Manor Inn. Our room was perfect in every way from the decorative accents to the extra-comfortable bed. The innkeepers, Cheryl and Mike, couldn't have been more welcoming. Mike's stories, toys, and attire added to our enjoyment. And the pies, oh the pies . . . ! I'm already looking forward to another trip to Maine so I can stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Margo G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockland
Rockland Harbor Hotel
Samoset Resort On The Ocean
LimeRock Inn
LimeRock Inn
#2 of 8 in Rockland

Been to Berry Manor Inn? Share your experiences!