“Wow! I live in Maine and can't get over this place!”
Review of Claws

Claws
Ranked #3 of 87 Restaurants in Rockland
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Claws specializes in offering the highest quality fresh local seafood, prepared with vintage Maine recipes, all at reasonable prices. Enjoy panoramic views of Rockland Harbor as you dine on our beautiful deck at picnic tables with bright umbrellas. We also can pack all of our menu items for take-out. Call in your order in advance or simply order in person. Serving beer and wine and featuring several local labels. New for 2015 - now serving fried seafood! Try our amazing "Boats" filled with fried clams, scallops, haddock or shrimp along with our home made French fries and coleslaw. Lobster dinners, lobster mac 'n cheese, steamers, crab cakes, lobster bisque, Angus burgers, chicken sandwiches - everything is made with care and from scratch.
Tenants Harbor, Maine
“Wow! I live in Maine and can't get over this place!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely love Claws. What a great addition to Rockland - the seafood is so incredibly fresh and the menu is great. The atmosphere is fantastic, the owners did such a nice job designing the space overlooking Rockland Harbor . The service is friendly and professional and wait until you see the bathroom - I'm not kidding! Don't miss eating at Claws!

1 Thank susanQ5454

“Fantastic!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Even on a rainy day, the outside deck atmosphere was great! The owners/ employees were so nice and helpful. The potato salad and seafood chowder were to die for and the service was fast! I highly recommend even if you're just passing through!!

Quebec
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oh! Delicious lobster mac and cheeze ”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Their delicious lobster mac and cheeze make our rainy day full of sun! We also enjoy the lobster. Prices are fare enough for quality.

Rockland, Maine, United States
“Delicious!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We came looking for fried food and I was bummed at first to find there was none. However, we had such a great meal that I didn't miss the fried clams. All items are ala carte including the sides which made me a little nervous we would go hungry. This was not the case at all. The portions were very generous!

We ordered the clam dip app for $6 and loved every bite. I ordered the shrimp roll and I enjoyed it. Fresh and light but very filling at the same time due to the large amount of shrimp in the roll. My husband ordered the lobster Mac and cheese and we were both blown away by it. Homemade on site this is a must have!! We each had a root beer with our meal and our total was $36. We left very full and happy!!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Sarah H
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh, delicious, and a great value...plus booze.”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We ended our Maine vacation with a stop at Claws, expecting a standard issue lobster shack. Oh, no. My toasted and generously buttered lobster roll spilled over with fresh, perfectly steamed meat, and my husband's broiled haddock sandwich was almost too much for him to finish...but he managed. Nice to be able to pair it all with a little bottle of prosecco. Ask for a side of proprietor LuLu's custom tartar sauce to try with the lobster roll-- I thought it was great.

1 Thank Packratina