“Best crème brûlée in the U.S.A!”
Review of In Good Company

In Good Company
Ranked #3 of 90 Restaurants in Rockland
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are open seven days a week from 4:30 pm to close. Good company is fundamental...With friends everything tastes better, is more enjoyable and better absorbed. It enriches your blood and spirit.
Reviewed August 21, 2010

My husband and I discovered this cozy and trendy restaurant by chance after a romantic walk at the lighthouse. We both had the meatloaf which was a delight and the best blueberry crème brûlée I have ever tasted in my last twenty five years spent in the U.S ....

2  Thank MarbleCliff

Reviewed July 13, 2010

Our not-so-cheap "beef tenderloin" had clearly been pre-cooked, then reheated for service. I personally witnessed this appalling preparation looking into the kitchen myself, though I could scarcely believe my eyes. The meat when it arrived, not surprisingly, was tasteless. Not a hint of jus left -- it had probably left hours earlier. (Waiter had not even asked us how we wanted the tenderloin cooked -- he said if guests did not specify, it would be medium rare. Caveat eater.) Accompanying "mash" also blatantly reheated: the potato was still cool in the middle of a warmed clump. Served with a brace of mushy overcooked baby carrots.

My "monkfish" was dry, tough and also criminally overcooked. The "saffron both" in which the fish came tasted like yellow, milky, salt water. Sugar snap peas had also been precooked: mushy, yellow green and tasteless. Kale was bitter and also not freshly cooked.

The worst performance by a chef I have seen in years. Maybe ever.

"In Good Company" says that guests should be patient because there is just one chef. Sadly, she is not the right one for this somewhat pricey establishment for which we had high hopes. A very, very amateurish performance that may be right for some tourists, but not this one.

3  Thank dry_paintbrush
Reviewed June 7, 2010

This place is Rocklands finest dining. Plan on a slow relaxing dining experience. Set in an old bank you get a "home feeling". Very little is prepared in advance at this wine bar and the menu never disapoints. Owner/Chef Melody Wolfertz flies solo and does an outstanding job with an ever changing menu. Fondues, blue cheese filet mignon and cheese and cracker plates. We usually get a little of everything and share. Your best dining in Rockland and our favorite restaurant.

Reviewed June 4, 2010

Wine bar that serves good food. Very pleasant atmosphere. Slightly high prices

Reviewed March 14, 2010

A lovely spot with extraordinary food and service!! I wouldn't change anything, except move In Good Company to our home town.