“Never a bad meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Rustica never lets us down. Salads are interesting and well prepared. The entrees are varied and interesting. Prices are moderate. It is our regular go to restaurant in town.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Wow this was an awesome dinner. It was a busy Saturday but the service was excellent. Had the Chicken Parm and the pasta was fresh. Cavatelli is made on premise and is the best Pasta I have had north of Boston. Highly recommend the home made Cannoli for dessert - it was amazing.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We tried this restaurant on a friend's advice for date night.

For cocktails, hubby tried the G&T and I went for the Sidecar. The G&T wasn't presented in the correct glass....it was served in a beer glass, but what the heck, you got a LARGE G&T so who's complaining? I highly recommend the Sidecar as it whispers into your ear that you are really Carole Lombard and wearing a silver satin dress.....and then it deceptively lures you into "just one more"!

Both hubby and I selected the Grilled Bistro Steak and were not disappointed. A huge soup plate arrived. The steak was carved and served on one side of it and the arugula and tomato "carpaccio" were served over mashed potatoes (not matchstick) and the entire plate was drizzled with a roasted garlic and green herb vinaigrette. The bite of the arugula balanced nicely with the capers and tomatoes and the charred tang of the grilled steak.

The servings were generous, the staff well informed, and the prices fantastic.

You can come here and also share a pizza and glass of wine and not drop a bundle.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We read reviews of Rustica and decided to try it. The service and the food were excellent. The fried artichoke salad and the fried zucchini salad were that my husband and I shared were both delicious. Our entrees were equally wonderful. My husband had the pasta special with crispy prosciutto and shrimp in a creamy tomato with Marsala sauce, and I had veal Marsala. My veal was a tad chewy but the bed of polenta and seasoning with mushrooms were heavenly. We had the Italian creamy custard for dessert. Everything was outstanding.A great birthday dinner choice.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Just spent two weeks in Maine, and Rustica is one of our favorites. We went twice, once with my elderly parents, and once with my brother and his family ( including two boys age 11 and 13). My father was celebrating his 85th birthday, and they graciously served a dessert with one candle, without fanfare (at his request). The highlight for me was the fried artichoke salad. Unique and delicious. With the boys, they were able to order pizza while the adults enjoyed a variety of entrees, all delicious. Reservations only for 6 or more, so go early. It is great to see a good restaurant endure the long Maine winters so we can return year after year. See you next year Rustica!

1  Thank S C