“I Need To Go Again”
Review of Rustica

Rustica
Ranked #5 of 87 Restaurants in Rockland
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Livermore Falls, Maine
“I Need To Go Again”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

The service is very good . The atmosphere, crowded and noisy , is not . Considering the generally positive tone of others' reviews, I had high hopes for the veal marsala that I ordered on my first ever visit to Rustica . Sadly, my high hopes were not realized ! The sauce was bland, the mushrooms skimpy and the entire dish was lukewarm and lacking in character . To be fair, I was with four others who all were satisfied with their meals ...none had the veal marsala . A restaurant shouldn't be judged on the basis of one visit or one dish so I will reserve final judgment for another day and another ( different ) meal .

• Visited February 2014

• Hebrew first
Coastal Maine
“We love this place!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

If you are looking for good Italian food in a pleasant environment with great service, then this is the place for you. We have eaten here many times, and have never had a bad experience. We love the fried risotto balls - they are so good! The restaurant is clean and the staff are so friendly. We will definitely be back for more!

• Visited December 2013
Grantham, NH
“Good Italian- Contemporary Feel”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Good variety in menu choices. Reasonable pricing with very pleasant and efficient service. Atmosphere is on the contemporary side, and can be a bit noisy. The risotto my wife ordered was done perfectly, and she enjoyed every bit of it. My chicken parm was a bit undercooked for my taste making it somewhat rubbery. However, the pasta side dish was excellent.

• Visited January 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

When I go out for Italian I usually know what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised with their interpretive twists. A delicious fried artichoke salad.

• Visited January 2014
Spotswood, New Jersey
“Great Change of Pace”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Being from New Jersey & married to an Italian, I have enjoyed many great Italian dinners at home, at my in -law's and a multitude of excellent restaurants. As Rockland is one of my favorite destinations when heading to Maine, I have always headed to one of their many fine seafood restaurants. My wife & I first found Rustica this August during the Maine Lobster Festival. From the Calamari or Mussel appetizers to the salads and Eggplant Parmesian, we had an excellent dining experience. Service was friendly, timely and personal. I returned to the Rockland area last month during a solo photo get- away and knew I would have to return to Rustica once again to try another gem on the menu. The Haddock was excellent, the pasta homemade, fresh and a perfect compliment to my meal. Although dining solo, I was not relegated to a 'back' table. In fact, I was seated at a window table and enjoyed an unrushed dining experience with an excellent selection of wine. Again, service was top notch. Bottom line - can't wait to get back up to Rockland and enjoy a GREAT Italian dinner in the heart of seafood country.

• Visited October 2013