“Exceptional meal”
Review of Cafe Miranda

Cafe Miranda
Ranked #4 of 87 Restaurants in Rockland
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Cafe Miranda has been located in downtown Rockland, Maine since 1993. We offer a vast menu of wood-fired oven, seasonal & adventurous ethnic dishes using locally harvested ingredients from our own farm. Come by and join us for lunch or dinner seven days a week and brunch on Sunday. Reservations are suggested for dinner. Lunch and breakfast walk-ins only. See our website for menus.
Washington, ME
“Exceptional meal”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

It is amazing what such a tiny restaurant can offer in the way of excellent food. We decided to try a couple of items off the small plate choices and were blown away. You must remember to make reservations because the restaurant is small but so worth it.

• Visited May 2014

“not the food of cowards”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We have enjoyed many meals at Cafe Miranda over about twenty years. The menu is an entertaining read, and Cafe Miranda offers an informal atmosphere with friendly service. It can be difficult to get a table in season without a reservation, but in May we were able to get in twice without waiting long. My current favorite is "I'll Have To" a combination of shrimp and chorizo, cooked, like most dishes at Miranda, in the wood fired oven. For a first time experience I think a couple of the smaller plates would be a great introduction. The food is sometimes spicy and some of the ideas might seem strange to you. Maybe don't order those. I have a history with the place and sometimes roll the dice on some crazy description.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jack L
Rockport, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The menu is like a book, but everything is excellent! Very much in to local and fresh!

I have been there many times over the years, and I think they just get better!

You have to check out the bathrooms!

Visited May 2014
Barrington, New Hampshire
“Interesting Lunch”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Prepare yourself for some Very spicy but good food. I had the fish chowder and my wife had soup. Bread was also spicy. Chowder was prepared differently then what I am use to with a large hunk of fish, potatoes, corn, bacon and other spices. Not sure the price was worth what we received for food.

Visited May 2014
GLOUCESTER
“Good Things Come In Small Packages”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This is a great little restaurant tucked into a side street in Rockland. The menu was so diverse that my first thought was "there is no way that this little place can do all this and do it well". But everything we had was delicious. I started with mussels in a Thai coconut sauce. Very spicy, but the best mussels I've ever had. (And I've had lots) My friend had pasta which was made from scratch with meatballs and marinara sauce. Outstanding. This is not a typical Maine seafood restaurant, so if that's what you're looking for, look elsewhere. If you want really well cooked food with a Thai, Italian, Oriental and Lord knows what else twist, go to Café Miranda.

• Visited April 2014