Cafe Miranda
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Cafe Miranda has been located in downtown Rockland, Maine since 1993. We offer a vast menu of wood-fired oven, seasonal & adventurous ethnic dishes using locally harvested ingredients from our own farm. Come by and join us for lunch or dinner seven days a week and brunch on Sunday. Reservations are suggested for dinner. Lunch and breakfast walk-ins only. See our website for menus.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

To celebrate a friend's birthday, we went to Café Miranda for lunch. We walked...crunching over the icy sidewalk on our Stabilicers and buffered in down jackets. Oh! What a warm welcome!!! There was the aroma of something wood-fired (maybe the mac and cheese or the pizza). We ordered the tapenade with wonderful toasted ciabatta rafts and a bottle of Pinot Grigio. We moved on to the fish cakes with wilted spinach and aioli (on my side of the table) and tacos on the other side. All of these dishes were delicious. Our server definitely went the extra mile because, as we were about a block away after lunch, she ran up to hand over a winter hat that we'd dropped and then,about 1/2 mile later, she ran up to us again to hand over the credit card that I'd left behind. How often does this happen? Thank you Stacey. You made my friend's birthday extra 'special. We have a story to tell and now you're part of it.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

For a menu the size of this one, you would definitely doubt that all of these dishes could be done well. However, our dinners were surprisingly good although a bit overpriced. The restaurant is small and can be very noisy, but the staff is very knowledgeable about the menu, and is very quick and efficient. We enjoyed our visit to Café Miranda, but will search out another restaurant on our next visit.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We looked this place up because my mother had a 2 for 1 entree deal from mpbn, and wow, were we glad we did!! Very eclectic, with "granola" waifs for waitresses and music we didn't care for, but the servers did an excellent job, and the food was AWESOME!!!! I'm not kidding. Wow. I ordered a BLT angus burger with focaccia bread for a roll, and french fries, and oh, my goodness. Best hamburger I ever ate. The roll was scrumptious, the bacon was smoked and delicious, the beef was cooked just right, and I could only eat half of it. The fries were the best I've ever had, they were hand cut and had garlic bits in them, with parsley or cilantro mixed in. At first, I couldn't stop eating the fries. My mother got the eggplant parm sandwich and it was the same focaccia roll and she said it was delicious, when she could stop eating her fries long enough. And, she's not even a french fries person. My sandwich heated up the next day was just as good and filled the kitchen with the most heavenly odor. We were eating just before a movie at the Strand in Rockland, at 7, and our meal came in good time, and our server took good care of us. My mother had the caramel flan for dessert and loved it.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The night was bad, it had rained and frozen everywhere, and most places had closed. Marilyn at the Ripples Inn where I was staying was kind enough to call around and find Cafe Miranda open, and just a few blocks slippery walk away. I was VERY new to Rockland, Maine, it being my first trip, and
I was not expecting much, since the chance of being close to Ripples Inn, open on a bad night, AND a good restaraunt was not likely. Boy, was I wrong!
My servers name was Shea, and she was GREAT! She helped me to choose the right meal, and was very kind. I chose a large bowl of Fish Chowdah. She told me that chowder was probably different in Maine than down in the States, and that each order was made individually, so I made my choice.

I recieved a wooden bowl about 12 inches across and 3 inches deep. In the center was a fantastic tasting haddock. All along the edges of the bowl was small baked potatoes, corn, and vegetables. In the center was a broth that was exquiste. I don't know what was in that broth, but I have NEVER tasted anything so good and rich.
Shea told me that it was common to make chowder this way in this region, but that this chef made it even more special.
I had a Root Beer Float for desert, and it was the perfect finish for my meal.
Thanks, Cafe Miranda, for a great final experience on my icy last day in Maine!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I never twice dip but feel its warranted in this case ,we went last week for a fast meal,they were kinda busy but the food and service were amazing .I love the food when I can tell the cook enjoys his job,,thanks again for great meal,and to the young chef working so hard ,keep it up my friend,from one cook to another your doing an amazing job,,