“Forget about the lobstah, go to Wasses”
Review of Wasses Hot Dogs

Wasses Hot Dogs
Ranked #12 of 90 Restaurants in Rockland
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Right downtown on US 1 in Rockland, just follow the smell of the onions on the grill. The hot dogs are cooked in peanut oil, works for me. Any time I'm traveling in Maine, somehow I find myself needing to go through Rockland and Wasses is the reason why. I wish I was there right now...

1  Thank perrocaliente49

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The worst hot dog I have ever had. Awful. I would never recommend this place to anyone. the locals may like it but they need to go to Chicago for a really good dog. This was all grease!! yuk!!

2  Thank Pat K
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Best hot dogs and something former residents have to have when they return for a visit. It has been great for many years. Quick service, dependable quality.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Wasses Hot Dogs in Rockland, Maine...mmmmm, good! Just the smell of the onions cooking will make your mouth water! We like the plain dog with mustard, relish, and onions in a steamed bun. But, you can get chili, sauerkraut on your dog, too. Grab your dogs, and head down to the Rockland Public Landing to eat them...watch the activity out in the harbor. Can't be beat! It's our favorite take out!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Great pit stop for a fast hot dog. If you're rushed, in Rockland and have higher standards that McD's... I'd reccommend this place. You do have to eat on your lap in the car... but the price and speed is definitely right.