“Great experience!”

Dining options: Reservations
Pepperell, Massachusetts
“Great experience!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

There is a new & excellent restaurant attached to the Trade Winds Motor Inn at 2 Park St, Rockland Maine: The Chowder House...owned by Kevin Levie. We were a group of 16 Nurses celebrating our 51st class reunion last week. Every lunch & dinner we had there was delicious, perfectly cooked and pleasantly served. There is a resident "pirate", Marcus Carter, who was a lot of fun - he even sang to us. The drinks were great & made to order. A noisy group of 16 old ladies can be annoying & intimidating, but Kevin and his staff met our every need and always made us feel welcome. I repeat...the food was soooo good. The clam chowder, lobster chowder, ribs, corn muffins & hand made onion rings were to die for!! The peel & eat shrimp were the best I've ever had. There are many restaurants in or near Rockland - and we did visit others - but we kept coming back to the Chowder House for the wonderful food.

1 Thank Oneoftherns16

Cushing, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and great atmosphere”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Right in downtown Rockland with an excellent view of the harbor. It has a nice cozy feel in the dining room. I have been there several times, and have yet to find something I didn't like! Had the chowder, and it was excellent! The baby back ribs are juicy, and full of flavor. The seafood is phenomenal. Really, not a bad thing on the menu. I've recommended it to everyone I talk to. Owner said that the outdoor seating will be done within the month. Not much room in bar, but full bar menu, and a wine closet.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jeremiah24
Camden, Maine
“Great food, great view”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The chowder house is a very nice new restaurant. I had great service from the friendly wait staff. Food and drinks were excellent at an exceptional price. There is a beautiful view of Rockland harbor and the Breakwater. It is right in town and spacious, not cramped like other restaurants in Rockland. All in all, I am very pleased with my visit.

2 Thank Mark M
Camden, Maine
“Delicious new place in Rockland!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Chowder House is a new restaurant in the Trade Winds in Rockland. I've been 3 times and it just keeps getting better! Great food, cozy decor, and lots of seating (outdoor tables should be set up soon too). I highly recommend the haddock and shrimp tacos, grilled romaine salad, and the lobster stew. There's also a good selection of local beers on draft and few Maine made liquors. Finish your meal with the blueberry cheesecake- it could not be creamier! The Chowder House is a really nice addition to Rockland dining.

2 Thank Natasha W
Camden, Maine, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I’ve had several meals at the Chowder House and all were wonderful! I really enjoyed the different spin on local seafood, especially the crab cakes with mango salsa. In addition, the grilled romaine salad was one of the best salads I’ve had. I also have tried the lobster quesadilla, the mussels, the house made potato chips and the clam roll; all of the dishes were delicious! The atmosphere is warm and inviting and there are great views of the ocean. The staff was very friendly and attentive and were able to answer my questions about the menu. I definitely recommend this restaurant!

1 Thank Molly B