“Walked in....waited....walked out.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Looked forward to trying what appears to be a popular new bar/restaurant downtown....walked in and were met by "host" (if that's what he was, no greeting was given....). There were no seats at the bar so he offered us the window seat which was fine....he gave us no indication as to whether we should go up to the bar ourselves or if someone (there appeared to be MANY bartenders) would come around...so we waited, and waited, and waited some more. We didn't see a convenient area to approach the bar (leaning over the children atop bar stools?) nor could we catch the eye of any of the many staff....so we left. Heavy sigh. Guess we needed to be more aggressive...

4  Thank Midcoastmainemom

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We definitely won't be back to this place. On a FRIDAY night we went in and the place was not that busy. We got a table in the back and the waitress took our drink order. We waited about 10 minutes to get our drinks and when the waitress served them she stated "the kitchen is closing at 9:00 so you need to place your order!!!!! We hardly had time to look at the menu and wanted a relaxing dinner.......felt like we were at the drive-thru window at McDonalds. Should be told the kitchen is closing at 9 before they seat you. The hostess was defensive and not accomodating.
Won't be back so they lost three couples who go to local resturants alot. Looks good on the inside but guess looks are deceiving

5  Thank florasuisuncity
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a new place with a great spot on the main road through town. They have quite a few beer taps, but the selection was not very diverse. Even though we sat at the bar and there were only about 10 other patrons, it was hard to get a refill. We need to cut them some slack because it was opening week. Good atmosphere. I hope they succeed.

2  Thank TimD53
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The first time I was here, I loved the look and feel of the space....beautifully done, and great ambience. I was underwhelmed by the food, but thought I would try it a second time. I still love the feeling of the space, but the food was down right awful. I've never actually sent anything back to the kitchen, but this night, everything went back! Over salted, under spiced and served on odd sized plates....things felt either skimpy or too much for the plate it was being served on. I also have to say that I don't mind paying for good food but the prices here seemed inordinately high given the casual vibe and that it's in downtown Rockland. Burgers at $16????? Hope they get their act together. Even though the space is great, it's not worth going to have bad food.

4  Thank 510lisat510
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was unsure of how it would be based on mixed reviews I had gotten from others before trying it out. I went on a Saturday night and didn't have a reservation but we were able to get seated right away (although we were encouraged that we should make reservations next time). I had the corn crusted haddock and it was delicious. We had the beignets for desert. They were slightly overcooked but were still quite good. The service was slow but we weren't in a hurry so no harm done. The restaurant is beautiful on the inside with every detail well thought out. Will definitely have dinner there again and will frequent at happy hour for a quick drink.