“Best kept secret in Maine!!”
Review of Duo's Fish 'N' Chips Takeout - CLOSED

Duo's Fish 'N' Chips Takeout
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Haverhill, MA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best kept secret in Maine!!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We recently stumbled upon this Seafood place while visiting Maine. It looked inviting so we decided to give it a try. It was awesome and a great find.

I had the Fish and Chips. It was fresh and made to order. When it was served I thought it was a lot of Haddock for the money. The lobster roll was also sensibly priced and delicious. WOW! (I managed to sneak a bite from a member of our group. he he.)

If you want a fast lunch without the fast food "grunge" this is the place.

Apparently only open during the summer season it drew a great many locals and curious tourists, like us. Definitely adding this great find to my list of stops next summer. Thanks guys!!! Duo's rocks.

1 Thank Robert W

Florida
“The best haddock sandwich in the area!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

You have to look closely to find this place as it is a food truck located in a parking lot off Rte 1, but the search is definitely worth the effort. The haddock sandwich is the best in the area, just check the picture above. If you have to have lobster, the lobster roll is a winner. Everything on the menu is great and the prices are more than reasonable. Good food and a chance to help the college students who own the business, you can`t go wrong at Dou`s.

2 Thank macman1
Danby, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious local fare”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is a small truck on the side of the road in Rockland, right off Rt. 1( Main Street) at James Street...we almost missed it, but luckily we didn't.
The guys running it are hard working and conscientious , and the food was fabulous! We had the Fish and Chips and the onion rings, and they were crispy and fresh. Definitely worth the stop. They have picnic tables in the shade, and their prices are great!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Made to order, Delicious!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I visited Duo's on a Friday in August. The stand was staffed by one man at the time who took care of our large group with care and good humor. The Lobster Roll is unbelievable! One of the best I have had. Ever. The haddock sandwich is also very tasty. Everything was made fresh to order and with speed! Even the tartar sauce tasted fresh and homemade. This place is THE place to stop when traveling through the area. Seriously, try the Lobster Roll. Great value, too!

Boston
“yum! BEST LOBSTER rolls! great food, great value &great service”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Duo's is a no frills food truck that is truly a hidden gem serving amazing local and fresh seafood. Seriously- this place has probably the best lobster rolls I have ever had. Tons of lobster meat, just the right amount of dressing and you can't beat the price. My friends got the fish n chips and were equally impressed. If you are in the area it's worth grabbing a quick bite to eat here. They even have nice picnic tables available to relax while you're eating. The owners were also incredibly friendly and gave me great advice as to make the most of my Maine vacation. I'll definitely be back during my next trip!

2 Thank Lizzard0126