Open today: 8:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Review Highlights
A great boat, a great sail and a great captain

The only issue that I have is that I can't provide any ideas on how you could make the sailing trip... read more

Reviewed October 8, 2018
William P
Sacramento, California
Wonderful experience

Reviewed September 17, 2018
bclaggos

All reviews captain daniel hour sail great captain his knowledge setting sun great stories smaller boat short hike an amazing host lobster lunch maine coast longer trip from texas beautiful boat his guitar skilled sailor great trip
Reviewed September 17, 2018

My parents, wife & I took a 3 hour trip on Captain Dan's sailboat. It was a great. relaxing experience. Capt Dan is not only an extremely experienced sailor, he is very knowledgeable about the area and the sites seen, and is just an interesting person to talk to. His boat only holds 6 passengers, which makes his trips so much more intimate and unique. It's truly like having a friend with a great boat (which is even better than owning a boat- so they say). We definitely recommend Bufflehead and Capt Daniel.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed September 11, 2018

This was a superb tour... ,beautifully crafted, taking us through the long history of the Rockland. The accommodation was wonderful and the food/wine experiences truly memorable. Captain Dan is not only a fount of knowledge but a wonderful host and has a great sense of humor.
We were so lucky and had a photographer Quinton. Dan and Quinton went to great lengths to provide us with experiences much beyond expectations and I cannot thank them enough.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed September 5, 2018

My husband and I took a 5 hour cruise and loved every minute. The boat is well equipped with everything you would want. We felt very comfortable and enjoyed the trip. It was nice to hear all about the area . The trip was personalized which made it a great was to spend our anniversary.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

We only were in Rockland for one night and wanted to do a sailing trip on a short time constraint. We were able to schedule a 2 hour trip on the Bufflehead with Capt. Dan and we were so very glad we did. It was one of the highlights of our trip to Maine. There were 2 other couples on board and it was just the right amount. Capt. Dan and his lovely and talented daughter as first mate were so knowledgeable about the area and the boat. I loved the intimate and relaxed atmosphere that he provided. I would go back on a longer trip in a heartbeat with this wonderful Capt. and his boat.

Reviewed September 2, 2018

We were visiting the area for my husband's birthday and wanted to go sailing around the coast for some sightseeing and pleasure cruising on the water. The day was gorgeous and the skies clear. Daniel is an excellent sailor and the ship small and intimate. His vast knowledge of the area, sailing and the seas in general was the secret sauce to making this the best sailing trip we've ever taken. We appreciated the intimate setting, the casualness of the crew and the narration as we sailed along.