“Perfect Maine Adventure”

Bufflehead Sailing Charters
Ranked #1 of 20 Tours in Rockland
More attraction details
Owner description: Bufflehead is a 32 foot wooden gaff sloop, a classic boat, built in 1964. She is a very pretty boat, superbly swift, comfortable and safe. Captain Daniel Bennett sailed around the Pacific Ocean on a tall ship, and twice across the Atlantic (and back and forth to the Caribbean) on his own small boat.
Reviewed June 6, 2018

Had a beautiful day and a wonderful sail with Captain Daniel! I learned so much about sailing and the Maine coast. Captain Daniel is a fantastic storyteller, a talented sailor and a genuine joy to spend the afternoon with. Highly recommend for people who have been sailing and for those who have never been on a sailboat alike!

Date of experience: June 2018
"beautiful boat"
in 6 reviews
"his guitar"

Reviewed June 1, 2018

What a great time we had with our shipmates and Captain Daniel! I had not sailed much before and he put me at ease, explaining how "sailing" works. He explained what we were seeing and some of the history of the area. We were curious about how he got into sailing and told us the interesting story about how he acquired and restored the Bufflehead- very interesting! He patiently manuvered the boat just right . . . and kept it there while we got our pics of Owls Head Lighthouse! The scenery was so beautiful too. We had a gorgeous weather day and all had fun talking with each other and sharing laughs and stories. A true journal entry memory!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed May 28, 2018

What a great afternoon's sailing. My family and I from Australia wanted to sample a bit of time out on the beautiful Maine coast and this was just perfect.
Captain Daniel is a brilliant skipper, joined at the hip with his boat and together they produced a really memorable experience for all of us. My daughters who are not always gushing with enthusiasm for sailing couldn't stop saying what fun it had been.

Daniel is also a knowlegible and articulate guide to the coastal sites round Rockland which added Interest to our cruise. All in all, the afternoon we spent on the Bufflehead was a gem.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank _johnkmyatt
Reviewed October 7, 2017

We loved our sail with Captain Daniel. Bufflehead is beautiful and the bay gorgeous. The nature and tour around the bay is well worth the time, and Daniel himself is a treasure. This is a must if you are staying in Rockland.

Date of experience: September 2017
See more reviews
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

First, the charter with Captain Dan was the highlight of the Maine trip! The sights of Rockland Breakwater and Owlshead Lighthouses and the land slipping by my eyes, the sounds of the water playing against the boat, the feel of the wind carrying the refreshing mist up to my face was all unforgetable. My only regret is not posting this review sooner. The trip was back in August. Secondly, I should point out that I was on the same charter as Jeff C. The best part of the charter was well...everything. But seriously, a stand out moment was the panoramic lunch view we had on Hurricane Island. Other favorite moments include all the knowledge Captain Dan imparted on us over the course of the day. As sunset approached I couldn't think of a better way to say goodnight to the sun than with a guitar played by Captain Dan, wine, cheese, bread and great company. The worst was leaving the boat at the end of the day and having to say goodbye to that wonderfully fantastic day. But as you can probably guess it was a memorable time. I count myself lucky that I went on that charter. It's a good thing I can revisit that day in my memories whenever I want. That will have to tide me over until the day I return in person. In case you were wondering, yes the pun was intended. :) Thanks for the fantastic day Captain Dan!!

Date of experience: August 2017