“Bufflehead is Magic”

Bufflehead Sailing Charters
Ranked #1 of 20 Tours in Rockland
More attraction details
Owner description: Bufflehead is a 32 foot wooden gaff sloop, a classic boat, built in 1964. She is a very pretty boat, superbly swift, comfortable and safe. Captain Daniel Bennett sailed around the Pacific Ocean on a tall ship, and twice across the Atlantic (and back and forth to the Caribbean) on his own small boat.
Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

This is my fourth review for Captain Dan and Bufflehead, because this is my FOURTH summer in a row that I've gone to Maine to sail with him.

Each trip to Maine we book multiple outings on Bufflehead. I've done everything from an 8 hour lobsterbake to a sunset sail to a specialty Camden Windjammer Festival sail to the latest trip that included seeing fireworks aboard Bufflehead for the fourth of July.

You can read my previous 3 reviews for more details. One thing I don't think I mentioned in previous reviews, because I was already busy toting all the other positives, is the magical power Bufflehead has.

Captain Dan and his Bufflehead seem to only attract really good people. I've done a private charter which is neat and you get Captain Dan all to yourself which is awesome but I REALLY enjoy open sails as well because literally, EVERYONE, I have met sailing on Bufflehead have been really great people! Some of whom I have still been in touch with to this day!

Captain Dan is such a warm, kind, genuine, charismatic person and that is exactly the kind of people he attracts.

So, do I recommend Bufflehead Sailing Charters?

Duh.

"beautiful boat"
in 6 reviews
"his guitar"

Reviewed July 6, 2017

then here's a book to read.

Just by the pictures you can tell it was a great day on the water, but I'll add a few words here too. You will meet interesting people, hear engaging stories and take amazing pictures.

I've gone each year for four years, each time wonderful and sometimes more than one sail per Maine visit, and I make sure to review it each time because Cap'n Daniel Bennet and the Bufflehead experience is one of those businesses that you want to celebrate, cheer on and share with others.

Because the time flies, I recommend booking a longer sail so you can relax past the excited novelty of it and let the peace and beauty of it soak in deep. The splash of the boat going through the water and the changing scenery really slows your rhythm and engages you in the way that you always want a vacation to: you want it to relax you, fill you with new experiences and change you for the better; you want a vacation to add to you in the way that only subtraction can.

A good long charter at the beginning of your vacation will set the tone for your whole trip or you can book a charter at the end of your Maine experience to really put a cherry on your visit. Or, do like I do - and sprinkle a few charters into your schedule like indulgent meals to punctuate your adventures.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed June 29, 2017

I would give more stars if that was possible! If you are thinking about taking a sail out of Rockland - be sure and check out the Bufflehead! Captain Dan is a great captain! Very informative about the area and makes your trip a lot of fun! My kids and inlaws were all entertained. Kids sail for the price of their age per hour - quite a bargain! We will sail with them again whenever we return to Maine. We did a 2 hour sail out to the lighthouse and back.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed June 27, 2017

Highly recommend Bufflehead Sailing Charters. Capt. Daniel is a engaging and enjoyable host, always ready with an interesting story and a quick witted joke. The day of our sail his young daughter helped crew the shipped and she impressed everyone with her ability and intelligence.

Bufflehead offers open booking which makes longer sails far more affordable than other charters. Downside is you might get stuck with some folks in somewhat cramped quarters that you might not want to spend the full day with, but you know that heading in. If you want a private charter they offer that option as well.

Again, can't recommend Bufflehad enough for folks looking for an affordable and relaxing day on the water. If we are in the area again, we'd book another day trip with Capt. Daniel without question.

Date of experience: June 2017