Bufflehead Sailing Charters
Open today: 8:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Review Highlights
Nice to deal with

A prospect of stormy weather required us to cancel our evening sail. Daniel was most understanding... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
thecinks1
Great time sailing!

My family of 5 booked a charter with captain Dan in August 2020. He took precautions to ensure we... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Jessica O
via mobile

All reviews captain daniel his knowledge island picnic hour cruise great morning nice trip mid coast weather was perfect bennett stories sail boats monroe maine wind witness wealth
Selected filters
Reviewed July 31, 2016

We went on a 2 hours ride on the Bufflehead with Daniel and we could hardly think of a better way to start the day! He is knowledgeable and happily answered all questions we had, whether it was about history, sailing, or even physics!

Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

For the lady who gave Captain Dan only 4 stars instead of 5, shame on you! Captain Dan really knows how to be a great host on top of a great captain. We went for the lobster bake. He entertained us with stories and the history of the area and Maine. Fresh lobster on a secluded island on a beautiful day. We now consider Captain Dan and first mate, Raya part of our family.

Date of experience: July 2016
Bufflehead S, Owner at Bufflehead Sailing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2016

No shame needed, we are glad you both had a good time. We strive for each person to have their perfect dream day, glad you got it! Thanks for coming out ad for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed July 9, 2016 via mobile

We went on the boat with our two young children. Daniel was very accommodating and the kids loved the sail as did my husband and I. What a great way to enjoy Maine!

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed July 5, 2016

My husband, mother-in-law and I took a tour with Captain Dan out of Rockland ME on his sailboat. We opted for the three-hour tour in the evening to catch the sunset. Everything was fantastic about the tour: Captain Dan was very knowledgeable about the region's history, geography, biology, and culture and was quite entertaining. The scenery was beautiful. We traveled along the coast and around a few islands. My only regret is that we didn't spend longer on the boat. Three hours was just enough time to get out of the harbor, see a little scenery and then turn back. I highly recommend.

1  Thank Ari B

Ari, I enjoyed having you aboard the boat. I wonder what we could have done better to improve your experience, or what you felt was lacking from what we were able to offer. We are grateful for the perfect reviews we get, but it strikes me that I might have more to learn from a lack of satisfaction than from continuous praise. What can we do better?

Reviewed June 28, 2016

We loved our trip with Captain Daniel! At first we thought that it might be too rough out there, but it mellowed out and our trip was perfect. We sailed all over the cove, Captain Daniel is one cool dude and pointed out all the sites to us. It was so relaxing and fun, we will definitely be going back again! Fee was very affordable too, especially for children where kids sail for their age, per hour! Holy cow! What other sailing charter does that? $12 an hour for my oldest and $8 an hour for my youngest? Great deal, wonderful company, we loved it! Thanks Daniel!

Date of experience: June 2016