“Exciting and knowledgeable captain, beautiful scenery”

Bufflehead Sailing Charters
Ranked #1 of 18 Tours in Rockland
More attraction details
Owner description: Bufflehead is a 32 foot wooden gaff sloop, a classic boat, built in 1964. She is a very pretty boat, superbly swift, comfortable and safe. Captain Daniel Bennett sailed around the Pacific Ocean on a tall ship, and twice across the Atlantic (and back and forth to the Caribbean) on his own small boat.
Reviewed July 5, 2016

My husband, mother-in-law and I took a tour with Captain Dan out of Rockland ME on his sailboat. We opted for the three-hour tour in the evening to catch the sunset. Everything was fantastic about the tour: Captain Dan was very knowledgeable about the region's history, geography, biology, and culture and was quite entertaining. The scenery was beautiful. We traveled along the coast and around a few islands. My only regret is that we didn't spend longer on the boat. Three hours was just enough time to get out of the harbor, see a little scenery and then turn back. I highly recommend.

Bufflehead S, Owner at Bufflehead Sailing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2016

Ari, I enjoyed having you aboard the boat. I wonder what we could have done better to improve your experience, or what you felt was lacking from what we were able to offer. We are grateful for the perfect reviews we get, but it strikes me that I might have more to learn from a lack of satisfaction than from continuous praise. What can we do better?

All reviews
"great trip"
"interesting history"
"in addition"

Reviewed June 28, 2016

We loved our trip with Captain Daniel! At first we thought that it might be too rough out there, but it mellowed out and our trip was perfect. We sailed all over the cove, Captain Daniel is one cool dude and pointed out all the sites to us. It was so relaxing and fun, we will definitely be going back again! Fee was very affordable too, especially for children where kids sail for their age, per hour! Holy cow! What other sailing charter does that? $12 an hour for my oldest and $8 an hour for my youngest? Great deal, wonderful company, we loved it! Thanks Daniel!

Reviewed June 26, 2016

We will definitely do this trip again. We were in Maine for a week, and did the sunset cruise with Captain Dan on the Bufflehead Sailboat. Beautiful day, and sunset. Light houses and gorgeous water. Next time we will do the lobster trip to an island.

Reviewed June 10, 2016 via mobile

Highly recommend a sail with Captain Dan and his First Mate Raya, his highly capable and very helpful 8-year-old daughter. The weather and the water were about as picturesque as it gets. And Captain Dan and Raya were both excellent company. (Really glad we passed up the more touristy, larger schooner in Kennebunkport.) Highly recommend Bufflehead!

1  Thank SKstuartflorida