Bufflehead Sailing Charters
Open today: 8:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Review Highlights
Great time sailing!

My family of 5 booked a charter with captain Dan in August 2020. He took precautions to ensure we... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Jessica O
via mobile
A memorable proposal aboard the Bufflehead!

I proposed to my wife abord the Bufflehead and Captain Dan was such a great ally in planning it to... read more

Reviewed July 29, 2020
Flatlander1234567890

All reviews captain daniel his knowledge island picnic hour cruise great morning nice trip mid coast weather was perfect bennett stories sail boats monroe maine wind witness wealth
Selected filters
Reviewed October 2, 2015

We were recommended to Bufflehead by family who were friends of the captain, so we wondered whether it was an unduly biased endorsement, but we wouldn't hesitate a moment to recommend Captain Daniel and his Bufflehead to all. Though it was a grey day when we went out for a 2 hour harbor cruise, Capt. Dan and the occasional dramatic breaks in the clouds provided all the color and scenery we could hope for. He keeps his boat in fine shape and exudes the kind of quiet confidence in piloting her that lets you just kick back and relax. And not only is he knowledgeable enough about the local land and sea to be entertaining, he has a stock of stories of onboard marriage proposals to establish that he's a fine co-conspirator, as well!

1  Thank The_Duke_of_Url
Reviewed September 28, 2015

Today was my third sail of the summer with Captain Dan. He is so knowledgeable that each sail is a true adventure and learning experience. Dan's knowledge of the Maine coast, Rockland, and sailing is so extensive that each trip is a treat. He is a wonderful storyteller as well. I have enjoyed sails in calm seas, average seas and relatively rough seas-- all have been delightful. I highly recommend this experience. I have only done the 2 hour tour, but he can customize a trip to suit your needs. This is my new go to adventure for summer visitors!

Reviewed September 27, 2015

Sailing with Captain Dan for two hours was an incredible experience. He conveyed a plethora of knowledge about the history of Rockland, the importance of this harbor, and even provided a lesson on the geology of the Maine coast. Our only regret was that our schedule did not allow us to book a longer trip.

Reviewed September 3, 2015

I sailed with Captain Dan last year with a group of friends and loved it so much I made the trip again this year, and this time we made sure to book two sails - which still wasn't enough! Captain Dan does not disappoint! Our first sail was a 6 hour day sail and then we also did a 3 hour sunset sail this year which was equally amazing! It was so incredible to be out on the boat watching the sun set and then to be under the stars! I have chartered other boats in the area before and will never again go on any other boat other than Bufflehead. It simply does not get any better than Captain Dan!!

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed August 30, 2015

My husband and I chartered the Bufflehead for a private 6 hour sail + lobster feast. What a lovely way to spend the day! Dan took us to a great small island (with just a few other humans) where we did a quick frigid dip and stroll before he cooked us a delicious fresh soft-shell lobster feast on a blanket. Not to mention the enjoyable trip to and fro, including a bit of time where Dan let me steer the ship. The blueberry pie by his wife was also amazing! Overall, we thought this was a highlight of our trip to Maine.

Date of experience: August 2015