“Poor service”
Review of L & H Burgers - CLOSED

L & H Burgers
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The food is ok, almost all burgers, but the service was terrible both times. Slow does not begin to describe them. Very noisy, loud rock music, and no food for 40 minutes. No drinks for 40 minutes. Twice. Won't be a third time.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

After reading a review about this place we just had to try it. We were greeted by a young waitress with some striking tats and a funky hairdoo but was incredibly engaging and friendly. My wife ordered a cheeseburger well done and I had a Picasso, which included balsamic roasted tomatoes, pesto mayo and fresh mozzarella cheese. I ordered it medium and it was closer to rare but had such a wonderful flavor I felt very satisfied. It will be a definite repeat the next time we are in Rockland!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I came upon this little place when we were traveling on a small cruise ship. They bill themselves as a burger restaurant but it is not a pub. Blue chairs, smaller tables and clean inside with no tacky posters or signs on the walls. It is a casual place however so there is no need to dress up. My husband had the black & blue burger with fries. I asked for a burger that had onion straws (haystacks)' coleslaw, thousand island dressing and Swiss cheese. I don't care for burgers however, so they made the sandwich without it. It was absolutely delicious! The fries were thin and nicely done. I would go back just for that sandwich but unfortunately we live too far away. Definitely try this place-you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I would like to give this establishment less than 3 stars, but it was apparent our server was stressed out with training a new server so I will cut her some slack. With that being said, the staff could not decide who was going to wait on us, and there were only 4 tables occupied when we walked in for lunch - not off to a good start.

Based on reviews, I ordered the veggie burger big salad but wanted my burger on a separate plate. Who knew this request would cause a problem? My husband ordered a burger and we were going to share hummus. By this time, the place is filling up and orders are being taken and food is being served...where is our food? Turns out the hummus was given to another table and our meal was the last one to come out of the kitchen.

My husband said his burger was good - nothing special. My veggie burger was ok - a little on the dry side. The spinach and pear salad was uneventful.

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this restaurant for a good, solid dining experience.

1  Thank Smnuws
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We took a chance on the L&H and had a super lunch. The burgers were great, especially the vegan burger on GF burger roll (a homer run!). And the house made fries were great too. Loved the atmosphe and enjoyed the staff. We'll be back!