“Older hotel, dated rooms but good price in a great vacation area.”
Review of Trade Winds Inn

Trade Winds Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Rockland
“Older hotel, dated rooms but good price in a great vacation area.”
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Popped onto Rockland on a motorcycle trip, too hot and tired to keep going, took the room that was available, one of the last to go, it is an ols and small room, but clean and the olddr a/c unit works well. The location is the saving grace, lots of great food establishments around and great scenery onthe waterfront. Not bad for an economical hotel in a great area.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank FJRider21

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Bristol, NH
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We have stayed here many times and have seen the hotel head downhill over the years. It's getting tired, worn and needs lots of TLC. Our room had an AC and a small old TV which seemed to be the "amenities" - no coffee maker or hairdryer, and the beds could have used some new linens. However, the continental breakfast was OK and, of course, the location of the hotel with the wonderful boardwalk where you could spend lots of time watching the sailboats and fishing boats was very good. The interesting little shops are in walking distance and well worth visiting. We also walked to The Landings and had a really nice dinner there.

Room Tip: They have frequent tour buses staying there and we prefer the 3rd floor rooms which are a little qui...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Rockland hotels

Middleburg, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We were staying here since it was close to the Ferry to Vinyalhaven. When we arrived we were surprised to find that we got a lobster dinner with our room. The building is older, but our room was nice and very clean. The resturant was nice and we would probably stay here again.

1 Thank sbwalt
Gray, Maine
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Laurie and I decided to book a room via RCI so that we could see more of the wineries/vineyards in the area. We thought all we were getting was a studio room which is all we needed. The room turned out to be more than that which was a nice surprise. Plenty of room for two people to spend the night after a long day winery hopping and sipping wines. It was clean, quiet and had a balcony with two chairs. And like a lot of hotels/motels my biggest pet peeve is the pillows. I've seen more fluff in a down comforter. We will bring our own next time.
The parking situation though was difficult because it was tight. The restaurant serves good food at reasonable prices. I especially enjoyed the clam chowder(chowdah) which I considered excellent.
We have been doing this Maine Wine Trail for several years and will no problems with staying here again next year.
So many wineries, so little time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hermann W
Newton
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I stayed here one night. I previously stayed over 10 years ago but don't remember much. For this trip, the room was "worn". The first room was an oven with a little window AC unit so I switched rooms. '
'
The bar/restaurant was fun. Sitting at the small bar, I got to talk with other patrons, the bartender and wait staff. The food was generally good.
'
The complimentary breakfast bar had a decent amount of things. Having the tip jar right in front of the food is annoying.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Douglas K
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Well where to begin? I am lucky enough to have travelled extensively, both in the US and Europe and without doubt this is the worst accommodation I have ever had the misfortune to book. My heart sank when I saw the delapidated state of the building but I felt certain that it must be better inside. Not so. The receptionist was pleasant and helpful, possibly trying to avert our anticipated complaints when we saw our room. As others before us have said, we were allocated a central core room which was reached via a maze of corridors, with low dirty ceilings and a horribly stained carpet. Now my heart was really sinking. The room - oh my goodness. I am at a loss to really describe how uninviting it was. The aircon unit wasn't yet running, it smelt yukky and was so small and oh so dated. There was no window to the outside world but a window into the corridor with a curtain to prevent other happy go lucky holidaymakers (hoh hoh) looking in. I guess the world repugnant comes to mind.

I just knew I couldn't sleep one night, not even catnap, in such a room so we approached the desk clerk who as I said was pleasant and he offered us a different room although advised it could be for one night only and then we must return to the original room. Well in actual fact this didn't matter because when we saw the replacement room - it wasn't any better, in fact actually felt even less clean and distasteful, if that was possible. It had no kitchen, dirty carpet, plaster breaking off the wall, no plugs for the bathroom basin or bath, the patio sliding door would not lock properly, the decking had nails coming through it, the tv remote didn't work and as the tv was so high up on top of a cupboard, we could not change channels. But worst of all: the bed. I guess the linen was clean, well that would be my guess,but the blanket was very off putting and the bedspread - well at least it hid the blanket. Why oh why did I leave home??

I wouldn't wish to put anyone off booking this hotel - we all have different ideas of what is acceptable. I am lucky, I've had my stay there - it's over!!

By now you will realise this

Room Tip: Stay home and stay happy - in this case ignorance really is bliss
5 Thank Fergus46
Massachusetts
Reviewed July 28, 2012

a good simple clean place to sleep at night ,,,,,NOTHING FANCY and not a fancy price either ~!! i looked at staying for 5 nights ,,,,,i was there for 94 a night with a pool ..........the hampton up the road was smaller rooms and 175 a night .
id rather enjoy my money out of the room doing fun and enjoyable things than pay big bucks for a " stylish " place"

This place is clean and very family oriented ,,,,with a free continetal breakfast .~!

dinner at the restaurant was a favorite ,,,,ITS UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP .AND IS AWESOME ~!
we had a great meal with plenty of fantastic food ,,,the chowder is home made and deliciouse
we also had the bacon wrapped scallops with a special home made sauce was awesome ~!!
then we ordered twin lobsters ........omg to die for ~!
service was prompt , and very friendly .........as the menu say's
Great Food , plenty of it .......at a good price ~!!
GO and enjoy this underpriced jewel ~!!

Room Tip: inside rooms are fine ,no view room ........save the cash for going out and enjoying yourself . wal...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockland
Rockland Harbor Hotel
Samoset Resort On The Ocean
Ledges By the Bay
Ledges By the Bay
#2 of 10 in Rockport

Been to Trade Winds Inn? Share your experiences!