“Great View, OK food”

Archer's on the Pier
Ranked #8 of 87 Restaurants in Rockland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
ny
“Great View, OK food”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This restaurant has a beautiful location. We ate here last year and had a great lunch. This year there is new ownership. My crabcakes were not as good and the presentation was lacking. Some of our party had the specials which they liked-fried seafood plates. Owner/chef is very nice and goes from table to table which is great. She seems to have lots of new ideas and enthusiasm.

South China, Maine
“What a Great find and experience!”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I spent 18 summers boating out of Rockland and during that time I can count on one hand the number of notable dining experiences. My wife wanted to visit the new olive oil shop on Main Street in Rockland so this was the occassion for our visit.

The restaurant in beautifully perched on the inner harbor with panoramic views of the harbor and famous Rockland Breakwater from all tables. While outdoor seating is available, it was a "Monet-like" day today with fog and drizzle so we opted for indoor seating.

We were greeted promptly for our lunch and escorted to a window seat. Our server, Brianna took our drink order and returned shortly with the specials.

Our appetizer was the Cajon Haddock Bites served with spicy lemon tartar sauce. The bites were deep fried to perfection in a light batter, almost tempura coating . I lost the coin toss for the final Bite...these are that good!

My wife chose the Rockafella (Maine way to spell the name) Oysters as her entree. Six succulent nicely seasoned oysters from under the broiler were served with the correct amount of Pernod, something a lot of fine restaurants often over do.

I opted for Fajita Wrap combined with the optional Cajon Maine Shrimp. The fajita comes with sauteed peppers, onions, mushroom, black olives and cheese with a homemade salsa. The combination was perfect and the homemade coleslaw offered as one of the sides was outstanding...and I'm pretty fussy about my coleslaw. Upon inquiry, our beautiful and engaging server, Brianna confirmed my suspicions that celery seed might be the "secret ingredient!"

My wife had a couple of glasses of Angelini Pinot Grigio and I enjoyed a couple of generous Tangueray and tonics. Our tab without tip was $65, well worth every dime for our wonderful lunch!

Rockland now has a few "destination" restaurants and this one by Lynn Archer will lead the fleet!

2 Thank dubord207
New York
“Stick to the Basics”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

The seafood was excellent - lobster stew and steamers. Both the Caesar salad and the special house salad were uninteresting. The waitress was fabulous and gave us tips for the next day. She was also very patient as we tasted and choose a wine.

1 Thank Eileen F
Shelter Island, New York
“Excellent!”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Had a tough time finding a Lobster dinner in Rockland/Rockport this week...went to Archers this morning, there was actually someone there who assured me tht there would be a lobster waiting for me this evening...guess what? I had a two pound lobster, cooked perfecly, for $20.00!! Great wait person, concerned service. Would highly recommend.

1 Thank patrizia c
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great place to sit with a sea view and breeze”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

My wife and I went there for a late lunch.
I had the Mediterranean penne which was great (white wine sauce was very good)
My wife ordered the Haddock Reuben which was very good too. Service was quick, prices were OK. Restrooms can be a bit cleaner.

1 Thank adventix