“Great food and fantastic location!”

Archer's on the Pier
Ranked #8 of 87 Restaurants in Rockland
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
massachusetts
“Great food and fantastic location!”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

My wife and I went here on a beautiful Monday afternoon the day after the Maine seafood festival in Rockland. We had been downtown looking for a restaurant but the few places we went into were out of some food items if you can believe that. We decided to leave the downtown area and take a drive along the coast to see if we could find a restaurant since we weren't familiar with the area. We're so happy that we did!
Archer's on the pier (a fitting name) is located directly on the harbor right outside of town. We asked to sit on the outdoor patio which was so nice and relaxing gazing at the boats while enjoying the soft breeze.
We were greeted by a very friendly (and attentive) waitress and ordered drinks. When she returned I ordered the mates size fried haddock platter ($13) and my wife ordered the Captain's size seafood platter ($25) because I wanted to try some of her seafood. The haddock was a good size piece, even for the mate size, and delicious. The Captain's size seafood platter was very large. The shrimp, haddock, and whole belly clams were perfectly cooked and delicious. The sea scallops were a little overcooked but still tasty. Most of the time my wife doesn't eat the clam bellies but she devoured these because they were so good and sand free. I almost forgot to mention that the french fries were excellent and so was the cole slaw!
I've eaten in many places over the years but Archer's on the Pier is now one of my favorites because of the location, atmosphere, service, food, and value, even the music was great!
I wish it wasn't so far away from my home but we'll definitely be back when I return to that area.

• Visited August 2011