“Superb Food, Service and Ambiance”
Review of Roselyn

Roselyn
Ranked #37 of 90 Restaurants in Rockland
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Purchased Tamerind (not sure of spelling) and refurbished with new menu
Reviewed January 12, 2012

During our recent week in Rockland we had a marvelous dinner at Roselyn and returned two days later for a second equally superb dinner. We were warmly welcomed by the owner each time, and service was attentive and efficient, with great attention to detail (even fresh flowers and herbs grown on site). We love Asian food and enjoy it regularly at top-quality restaurants in NY and Conn. Roselyn can match any in terms of fresh, creative, well-prepared, beautifully presented food. Everything we four ordered was excellent in every way, including sauces, garnishes and spices. Portions were very ample -- we took home some we couldn't finish each night. The owner and his wife are the chefs and they are creating unique and delicious entrees like "Dynasty" with fresh vegatables, choice of meat and a delicious sauce. They are approaching their first anniversary as owners and are far superior chefs to previous owners. WE WISH THEM WELL!!

Reviewed December 14, 2011

My mother and I really enjoyed our dinner here during a recent visit to Rockland. The food was delicious. Our waitress was efficient and friendly and we had a pleasant conversation with one of the owners on our way out. We liked the restaurant's decor as well. Overall, an experience that will definitely bring us back for another meal if we return to the area.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

We've been here before, before the ownership change, and it was good. This time my wife and I were both dissappointed. I'm a Pad Thai guy, that's always my Thai food test. This was OK, but quite average. My wife wasn't happy either. Service was excellent, but I can't eat that.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

This is THE BEST Thai resteraunt in the area. It's improved so much since they re-opened. The Masaman Curry is delicious, as well as the crab ragoon. I'll continue to go back here, never had a bad meal!

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Had the mango curry with tofu...my husband had something with shrimp, not sure of the name. We also had the Thai rolls as an appetizer...so crispy! We sat in the corner section with the custom tables with the foot section cut out from the wood, very interesting. Apparently this feature is to give us Americans the feel of an authentic dining experience without requiring us cross our legs or kneel! I got a kick out of it, nonetheless. Food was brought on plates which we then transferred to our dinner plates on our own, with encouragement from the owner to share as they do in Thailand. Very nice custom, and we did share and both of our entrees were excellent. Only thing that kept me from giving 5 stars was the slight coolness to both our servings of rice, as well as my husband's entree. Not so cold as to prompt me to ask that anything be reheated, however, just barely warm. I would certainly go back for the flavor and attentive, friendly, service.