“Just short of great!”

Hole in the Wall Bagels
Ranked #32 of 90 Restaurants in Rockland
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Lived in NYC for the first 50 years of my life and have traveled all over the city to
taste bagels. Started eating bagels.when I was 6... been eating and reviewing them
for decades. These are almost as good as the bagels from Great Barrington bagels in
The Bekshires of MA and those bagels rank in my Top 10 all time. these are Real bagels,
boiled before they are baked, but people here in Rockland don't like their bagels well done
(as they should be) so I order them the day before, by the dozen and they cook them the
way I like them--- they way they should be... Voila....Perfect.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I had a nice breakfast bagel and fresh roasted coffee. The staff were friendly and the service was quick. They have a selection of coffees that you pour for yourself.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

not only do they have great bagels,the service is sweet,the staff is young and treats people as if they were friends or family.clean as a whistle including bathroom! WOW again, do'nt miss this experience.thanks Hole in the Wall Bagel Shop.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We figured this must be a great place. We got there before opening time and couldn't believe the locals coming in and waiting for them to open. They feature all in house made goods and a local roasted coffee. Glad we found it!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The bagels are actually quite good, but whenever we go there, the usually young staff seem to not care whether you enjoy your time there or not. They have never been that friendly.

Additionally, this year, we were going for a half-dozen bagels when we visited. We noticed some day olds and they charge about half-price. They only have bags of 6 or 12, each with their own day-old price. The bags of 6 day-olds are $3.25. The only day-old bag of six they had actually only had 5 in it. Now, at $3.25, that's about 55 cents per bagel. When I asked how much the bag of 5 was, the girls conversed and then said they could take 20 cents off the price of the bag. Why not 55 cents? "Can't do it" was the response. Why not? That's the way it is.

We almost walked out because of their attitude, but we needed the bagels. I don't understand why bad customer service exists. Does it cost anything?