“Miss the books”

Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Rockland
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I will admit, I'm from away - and it's been a year since I've been to Rock City Café - so part of my rating is probably due to the fact that this little corner has changed so much. In the year since I've been here, the book store itself has dwindled to a small shop in the back and the coffee shop is now main-stage. I had planned to sit here, have a cuppa and wait for some friends while scouring the bookshelves, but that didn't work out.

Tea was good - leaves, not bags, and in a nice big mug. The pastries looked inviting but as we were planning to head to dinner next, I resisted. They did have an interesting menu on the board, which would be great for a lunch. I found the café to be a little warm temperature wise, and not well attended too. There weren't that many people there.

I would go again, and hopefully my expectations will be sufficiently adjusted to enjoy the coffee shop.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Rock CityCafe is on the Main Street and is open seven days a week. It is a family place that provides a comfortable atmosphere. The food is good with reasonable prices. I had the lobster BLT which was full of lobster. My wife loved the pan fried sea scallops.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Wonderful coffee, always something that makes me laugh (they are just a witty bunch over there!), good "grab and go" sandwiches, and a great mood. Some people set up their office or study carol there, many have meetings there, many others visit with friends. Everyone eventually ends up at Rock City. The only reason it is not five stars, and maybe they should get the 5th star because of the consistency in this, is that the line is notoriously (sometimes painfully) slow. This is because they have a personal relationship with virtually every customer. You just learn to adjust your schedule accordingly, and it's worth it.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Fresh roasted coffee beans, ground and brewed fresh every day. Pair that with a awesome, made fresh on site pastry and grab a seat and watch the world go by the window. Great place to meet friends!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Rock City Cafe has that, at home--'everyone knows your name'---welcome to our place atmosphere. Their rustic fare and selection of specialty coffees and iced beverages bring, US REGULARS, back for delectable bites and robust gulps.

Rock City roasts its own beans, bakes its own desserts, and entertains its customers on weekend evenings with local musicians. You will receive a smile , an enjoy, and a stay-for-a-while demeanor from staff. So, enjoy. Bottoms up!